Chapter 15

Note:

F/b= Favourite Book 

———————————————————-

After your quarrel with Jim, you slinked back to your room in a quick fashion. Wanting to at least feel like you had privacy, you tossed a sheet over the visible camera in the corner of your room. You knew there was likely other cameras hidden throughout the room, but you didn't want to think about it.

You crawled under your blanket fort, pulling out your f/b from your suitcase that had been brought to the building earlier. However, as you stared down at the words on the page, your mind wandered aimlessly, you found yourself unable to control your thoughts. You thought about Jim... how annoying he was, how stubborn, how controlling, how... completely obnoxious he was!!!! You couldn't STAND him!!!!

.....

...

........ damnit. Maybe William was right. ....... somehow, after everything you'd been through.... you liked jim. ..... well.... he didn't need to know.

Jim's POV:

Oho, jim knew you liked him alright~ jim was counting on it.

Then his phone lets out an audible beep from his desk— going over to it, jim stares at the screen a moment. Then he smiles. The game is on, as Sherlock would say~. Sending a quick text to you, and of course a few other people, Jim takes his leave. This will be fun~.

Back to your POV:

You were still daydreaming when your phone buzzed with a text- moments later, William barged into your room, looking somewhat worried although he was evidently internally panicking considering he came into your room mere seconds after the text without knocking.

"Have you seen??" William says quickly, looking at you.

"Seen what?" You reply, having not checked your phone yet. William kneels by you under your fort, you could tell now that he was in a complete panicked state and it made you begin to worry as well.

"Jim's facing off with his nemesis, sounds pretty bad. He doesn't think he'll be back. At all."

You stare at William in disbelief as he shows you the text, before staring at the floor trying to process what he had even said. ....

".... we have to help him." You say quietly, William draws his eyebrows together.

"What? No. Y/n, we can't. There's no way. If anyone ever gets involved in his personal affairs, jim either kills them, or hurts them so bad that they wish they were dead."

"Then let's help him, and hope for the best either way. Please, William." You plead, looking up at him desperately with glassy eyes. You used begging to get what you wanted— and, naturally, for the most part, even the most stubborn people would give in. William stared back at you for a few moments, before finally sighing.

".... fine. Let's go. No time to lose." He mumbles, standing up and exiting the room. You breathe out and check the text jim sent you, expecting to see the same one jim had sent William. But it wasn't. Instead of a whole paragraph about what's happening and what to do if jim doesn't make it back, there's one simple line. One that makes your heart pretty much shatter in your chest.

.... so you phone him. He doesn't pick up, but he doesn't decline the call either. Wow, he must have a pretty good ringtone to incorporate it in his face off with his nemesis or whatever.

((Staying alive!!! .... so boring, isn't it???? It's just. ....... stayingggggggg..... lol sorry back to the story haha))

You got up finally, still staring at the text as you finally followed William out the door. Reading it over and over in your mind, your heart broke more and more each time.

'Goodbye, my dear~~. Take care of yourself.'