Chapter 84

Jim's POV:

Jim sat at his desk in shock, staring at the now empty doorway. Harvey. Of course. It made so much sense. Every bloody time a text was sent to jim, Harvey wasn't in the room. He shot himself and told you that jim shot him, and took Alex and William. When you had tracked the, down and was forced to try to kill either William or Alex, Harvey didn't show up until after you tried to kill yourself instead. He played jim and knocked him out until you had hurt yourself, then when he woke up immediately came to your aid making it look like jim was there, like he was the one who had been causing all of this to happen. Harvey manipulated everything perfectly, and now if anyone found out.... it would crush them. Harvey had grown close to both Alex and William. They couldn't stand to lose their dad again. No. Jim had to take care of this. He had to try to find some way to stop Harvey without anyone knowing.

....... and then realization hit. Harvey was there when Alex had healed you. Harvey knew about Alex's powers, and basically had them all in the palm of his hand. Harvey had complete control over everything..

With that, you came into the room to see a very pale and distressed jim.

"Jim, are you okay-?" You asked, and jim glanced up at you while expertly shaking his head.

"No.... y/n, what if you were right. .... what if I really did try to kill William and Alex.....? What if this is all my fault....?" Yes, jim was playing you. But it was for your own good. He had to protect you, and the others. .... my god. The others. Harvey was with them.... he surely wouldn't hurt them, right...? No. Not yet. If Harvey was doing something, he would text jim again. It was a possibility he had taken the boys, but he wouldn't hurt them. No, it wouldn't be that simple. From what jim knows from past experience when Harvey was unknown, is he likes to tear people apart from the inside out. He's ruthless, cunning, and manipulative. He wants to destroy people, by making them destroy themselves. Brilliant move, really. Keeps all traces of evidence away from them, making everyone else look like homicidal psychopaths that kill all their acquaintances and then themselves, even though it's all through Harvey's influence.

Jim could tell you the truth, but he needed to wait first. He didn't want to give Harvey any more of a reason to be pissed.

"Jim, it's not your fault, don't worry..." you said consolingly, and jim noted that you seemed to be a bit doubtful and catching on that jim was lying. You were always good at that, even though you didn't seem to know it. Jim made it virtually impossible to read him, however you seemed to bypass his defences well. With you on his side.... jim could take down Harvey. Somehow. ... somehow. He slowly nodded in response to you, before looking down blankly, lost in thought.

"..... y/n, you trust me, right?" He asks, thinking. You immediately nodded in response.

"Of course...?"

"... I need to tell you something, but I need you to wait. Just for a while until I can figure things out.. in the meantime, don't say anything to anyone about it, alright?" Jim said, looking at you seriously, reading your expression. You were confused, concerned, and a little scared.

".... alright. But jim, this doesn't involve hurting anyone, does it?" You ask. Jim shook his head.

"... so far, no. Don't worry, I'll take care of it." Jim replied, still watching your expression. You evidently didn't like the secrets, you understandable trusted him less since he wasn't telling you everything. But jim offered you a reassuring smile, to try to calm your nerves somewhat. You took his arm, and jim raised an eyebrow, before sighing and standing up. .... right. Probation. He followed you back to your room without a word of protest, knowing there was no point in making excuses again. You obviously weren't having any of it.

.... well, to be fair, jim could get out of anything that he wanted to. ... but in all honesty, he didn't want to. Being next to you all night, hell yeah. Besides, he liked the whole 'bossy and taking charge' you. Huge turn on.

Screw Harvey for tonight, hah. Jim didn't want to think about it anymore.

You pulled jim into your room and he followed silently, however secretly locked the door behind you two. Not for any reason other than the fact Harvey was out to kill them, of course. You both laid in bed and jim closed his eyes with a sigh.

"Apologies that I've not been myself lately, my dear~ I hate being so.. emotional." Jim smiled over at you, and you smiled back.

"If willingly staying with me is 'emotional', then I don't want you to be any different."

Jim chuckled, shaking his head at your cheesy comeback. It was new for jim to actually like someone like this, but he didn't mind. As long as it didn't become a distraction to him... and as long as he continued to have a 'negative influence' on you, jim was happy. He loved everything about you, except the fact you were so.. innocent. He wanted to make you like him. Not a murderer, but... a bad girl. Someone who... wasn't afraid to get her hands dirty.

"Well my dear, I have a feeling that's not going to change any time soon." Jim smiled, one eyebrow raised.

Harvey came into his mind again. Here he was, flirting you up, while he could have hurt them somehow, or taken you away. ... no. It was okay. Everything was okay. Harvey likes to gloat and scare people. If Harvey would do something of the sorts, he would definitely let jim know.

You would both be safe for tonight... tomorrow... well. That's for tomorrow jim to worry about.