Chapter 27

"Ah ah ah ah!!! No, jim. You may be an expert at finding a loophole in any agreement, but you don't seem one to break a promise. Now please, with the information I just handed you, do not hurt me, or my family, whether by your own hands or through someone else. Please? Regarding another matter, fine. But dying through trusting you a little too much seems petty. Also, I can always blackmail you and feed Sherlock your innermost secrets~." You grin at him, actually screaming internally over how nervous you are. Jim stares at you a moment, then smiles.

"Alright, fair enough~. You play nice, so will I~. .... for now." He hums, giving you back your phone, but as you go to take it from him he purposely leaves his hand there, (the hurt one) slightly longer than necessary so it touches yours. You hold back a blush of embarrassment as he casually smiles, pulling away. You were basically putty in his hands at this point~.

"Anyways. You've proven yourself quite trustworthy with these little games of yours~ I expect you to keep it up. But, you've earned a day out. Tomorrow, I'll let you leave the building, do whatever. William will be with you, of course, to make sure you don't do anything stupid~ so. Don't do anything stupid." Jim stated calmly, his casual smile never fading. You took a moment to process it, then you grinned.

"What?? Really? Thanks, jim! It'll be nice to breathe first-hand air again." You said excitedly, jim just nodded.

"No problem, my dear~ now get some rest. Big day tomorrow." He said, before leaving the room, shutting your door on the way you out. As soon as he was gone, you squeaked and happily spun around. You were gaining his trust!!! AND, he seemed like... he liked you!!! Jim!!! He really really does like you!!! You've had multiple debates with William on the matter of course but it was a fact in your mind. No one could fake liking someone so easily!!!!!! .... right?

.. of course. That's just William getting to you. Anyways. You decided to get to bed. Maybe if you slept it off, tomorrow would feel a lot, lot sooner.

... but, despite your hopes, you couldn't sleep a wink that night.