Chapter 101

Alex's POV:

Alex woke up the next morning, yawning and stretching. Last night was a good night. William made Alex tea, and they stayed up late and watched movies. Alex was used to staying up at night, but it was nice to have someone do it with him.

He sprung out of bed happily, getting dressed and hopping downstairs. He came to a stop at seeing William standing in the kitchen, Harvey sitting at the kitchen bar facing him. Both were drinking tea, calmly talking. That's a good sign... William smiled over at Alex when he came in, waving ever so slightly.

"Morning, Alex." He stated, and Alex nodded back in response. He looked at Harvey, who got up from his seat and leaned against a wall.

"Good morning—- what's going on-?" Alex asked, a little worried about leaving the two alone since they never seemed to really hit it off..

"Harvey and I were just talking.. I made you some tea if you like." William said, nodding to a cup. Alex picked it up, trying to think of a way to restate the question but get a more definite answer. ... without sounding too worried that they would murder each other when Alex wasn't looking.

"Talking? What about-?"

William and Harvey both shrugged simultaneously before William replied.

"Not much. Just trying to figure out what to do.. none of us really want to see jim again, but I know you miss y/n, Alex." He said, and Alex looked down, nodding a bit. Uh oh...

William smiled over at Harvey, then sipped his tea. Harvey took a deep breath before speaking.

"... we thought it might be good if you got to see her again soon. Not quite yet, i need to make sure i don't.. get upset. But soon..."

"Can't I go alone—? Or with William-?" Alex asked, immediately both William and Harvey shook their heads.

"I don't think that's a good idea, Alex. Y/n is still involved with jim, and william is having a hard time not being around jim. The job that William... and I were doing was not good, and jim likely will be mad that we stopped doing it. Don't forget jim practically raised William- Williams going through jim withdrawals right now." Harvey smiled, teasingly.

"Oi, not my fault I got raised by a psychopath." William shot back. Alex caught on to what they meant, and chimed in.

"But it is your fault you want to continue to be raised by him—"

"Oh hush, Alex. It's not that I WANT to be around jim still, it's just.. weird to not be." William smiled, and Alex laughed slightly. They were practically the definition of a broken family, yet... right now, it felt like it was being fixed. Slowly but surely..

"So when were you thinking we could see her-?" Alex asked. William and Harvey exchanged a look, before looking back at Alex.

"... maybe a few days. Around three. William texted her, we'll see what she says." Harvey replied. Alex smiled and nodded. Three days.... something to look forward to.

Your POV:

You woke up, a disheveled yet ecstatic mess. It was late morning, you'd say... man, you were tired. You felt Jim's body next to you and you smiled. It was the best feeling in the world..

you opened your eyes, turned around, and cuddled into his chest. He adjusted himself,his arms tightening around you although he still seemed to be asleep. Not fully asleep, just... very slowly waking up. You smiled even more as you remembered the night before... .. hah. ...

"Mm..." Jim mumbled, you could tell he was starting to wake up more again. You smiled, very very lightly pressing your mouth to his chest in a quick kiss.

"Mmmmorning James..." you mumbled, kissing his throat lightly. You saw his mouth curve into a smile as he sighed slightly, still waking up. He seemed calm... it was nice.

"Morning..." he replied, finally opening his eyes. You smiled up at him, lightly kissing his mouth before grabbing your phone from the nightstand. You turned it on, drawing your eyebrows together.

"Jim.... William texted me. They want to see me..." you looked over at jim worriedly. You didn't trust Harvey anymore... the way he snapped at jim.... good side or not, Harvey seemed to be more evil than anything else. The way he tricked you all, the way he lied to everyone... the way he framed jim for everything, the way he tried to kill you all... countless times. You couldn't trust him. .... no matter how sweet he seemed to be beforehand.

Jim looked back at you, his expression blank. You could see he was thinking, a little concerned as well. After a few moments of thinking, he finally responded.

".... tell him yes. ... you'll be there."