Chapter 22

At hearing his name, jim turned to you with a smile.

"Oh hello dearest~~ I see you've still missed me." He quipped happily, crossing his arms over his chest casually. You looked at him questioningly a moment- he certainly didn't seem hurt..

"Jim, are you alright—?"

"What ever do you mean, my dear~~?" He hums in reply, his smile not faltering. You swallow, taking a step closer to him.

"I mean, did I... hurt you?" You ask, wanting to just get it over with. Jim chuckles in response.

"Oh my dear, you already know the answer, why are you asking~?"

"Well I didn't exactly want to come in here and demand you take your shirt off so I can see how bad it is-" you shot back, but instead of embarrassing him, you ended up completely humiliating yourself. Your cheeks involuntarily flush red but you attempt to keep it together despite so. Jim laughs, shaking his head.

"My my, bold one aren't we~?" He coos, stepping towards you calmly, a flirty tone held in his voice.

"I admire that." He adds, his smile still not wavering. You were beet red, looking at the floor. Damnit jim. You wondered in the back of your mind if this was just like this with everyone...? Or if he was playing you.......?

"Well, I'm glad. But Jim, really. Are you taking care of yourself? Can I help?" You ask, forcing yourself to get your emotions together to try to help someone in need. Jim shakes his head.

"I'm doing wonderful, my dear~ don't worry. I'm taking care of myself fine." He smiled. You wondered if he was just saying what he had to in order to get rid of you...... of course he was. This was jim.

".... then let me see." You took his hand out of his casual arms-crossed position, exposing an actually quite badly bleeding wound that ran up his hand, ending all the way somewhere up his sleeve. Your eyes widened and he pulled his hand back, eyes darkening. It clicked in your head how good an actor jim really was- since your little knife fight with him, he's had his arms either crossed, or hands in his pockets in a completely normal fashion. You wouldn't have even given it a second thought. And.. he didn't seem to react to pain. At all.

"Jim..." you said, looking at him a bit worriedly. If he can hide something as obvious as this, what else was he hiding....?

"Oh stop it, y/n~ you think too much. Now. Wander off~ I have work to do~"

"But ji-"

"GO." He suddenly snaps, with such intensity it makes your blood run cold. You quickly exited the room, without another word.