Chapter 25

Jim's POV:

Jim sat alone in his chair, the darkness never clearing from his eyes. It couldn't. He wanted you dead. He couldn't trust you anymore— you'd left. You weren't reliable. You had potential to hurt him..Therefore, you must be disposed of.

After sitting and thinking for a few moments, he breathed out deeply, then ran a hand through his hair. ... alright. Judging by what he knows from you, you wouldn't be far. You didn't have much to bring with you, and you wouldn't have known the area very well. Besides, you didn't come off as the kind of person to cut short a perfectly good vacation. You'd still be in London. Good.

He turned on his phone, glancing at a text William sent him. Hm. So you had left your phone behind... alright, fair enough. Jim stood up, going to the destination William had found the phone, a few feet from outside the building. Upon inspecting it a moment, jim furrowed his brow. It landed in a bush, there's no trail of broken branches leading through the bushes where you would have dropped it. And where the phone lies, it is not far enough away from the trail for you to have thrown it away from where you were running. It didn't make sense how the phone would have landed exactly where it did.... unless.... you threw it from inside the building. But.....

.... that means.....

"... oho, you got me, my dear~ hmm, I am proud." Jim hummed to himself, acknowledging your simple, yet clever plan. He picked up your phone, then simply strode back into the building, into his office... Where you, despite all the ruckus, sat calmly in Jim's chair with your legs kicked up on his desk, polishing an apple with the sleeve of your shirt. At hearing him enter the room again, you smiled, then tilted your head up to face him.

Your POV:

"You found me!" You quipped happily.

"Very funny, angel~ you got me there."

"Good! Does that mean I can fix up your hand now?" You grin up at him with a playful hope in your eyes. However, as you expected, jim just smiled and shook his head casually, before tossing you your phone and waltzing out of the room. Even if you didn't get to help him, you could tell he was proud of you for coming up with such a short, yet effective scheme. AND, for not leaving him after all. Heh heh. 

It was easy- you knew that jim had alarms set if an unregistered device left the building, he'd want to know right away if you'd left without his approval. So, you simply opened the door, threw your phone out, and found the best hiding spot you could in order to wait out all the running around and drama. Once you saw jim head outside, (you had a very nice view from the janitor closet window) you quickly ran to his office where soon enough, he found it.

It's such a simple trick, one that took moments to plan, and made jim appreciate you still being there.

Oh, but it wasn't over. By no means. Jim wouldn't let you help him, so therefore, you'd convince him. Using every means necessary. Building up your wit and mind slowly in order to hopefully, someday, compare to his. You had many, many schemes all planned out, meahehehehehhh...

It wasn't impossible to trick Jim.... although he may only be confused momentarily. Jim always figures it out. But slowly, you'll be able to break him in. ...... even if it means making a few slip ups on the way.

.... Whatever it takes.