Chapter 86

Jim's POV:

Jim jolted awake in the morning to the sound of his phone going off. He didn't even realize he'd fallen asleep. You, of course, awoke at his dramatic reaction as well.

"James—?" You asked, jim just stood up, answering his phone and putting it on speaker.

"Hello?"

"Jim, it's Harvey. Alex lost control and left the building, William went after him. I'm keeping tabs on them both, but Alex can't seem to get control of himself. We need to find some way to calm him down, before he does something he'll regret." Jim listened to the man's voice, trying to pick out any time of insincerity he had. He couldn't. Jim now knew of course, that his man was lying. He was a psychopath. But a damn good one.

"... yes, of course. I'll see you in my office in a few." Jim replied, hanging up. Harvey wanted a one on one chat with jim, especially now that jim knew his secret.

"James, what can I do to help?" You asked, sitting up, evidently worried. Jim shook his head in response.

"I need you to stay here. Take my phone, try to get in touch with William and see what you can do to help with Alex. Maybe hearing your voice will help calm him. Harvey might be able to help figure out what triggered this, so maybe if we can get to the bottom of that we can figure out how to stop it." Jim stated, fixing his tie, going along with Harvey's little 'excuse'. Although jim didn't doubt what Harvey said about Alex and William was true, he knew the only reason that Harvey called was so they can chat face to face. However this will result, jim had no idea.

"I'll see what I can do..." you replied, seeming to look at jim in that way you always did, where you seemed to sense he was hiding something. Jim smiled, then kissed your forehead.

"Call Harvey if anything happens, he'll let me know." Jim stated, before quickly leaving the room.

He went down the hall, to his office, where Harvey was calmly sitting in Jim's chair, examining the photo jim had of himself and William when they were younger. Jim's eyes immediately darkened at the sight.

"What are you doing, my dear~." Jim half-asked, half threatened in a dark voice. Hatred for the man was spreading through him like wildfire. Harvey smiled, looking evil and devious as hell. Jesus that man could be terrifying. Luckily it didn't shake jim though, he was used to this kind of work.

".... remember when Alex was first born, how small and helpless he was." He reminisced, his voice low. Jim's eyes remained dark, he was on high defence. He didn't say a word through it.

"It would have been so simple, so easy to kill him right then. But I didn't. I held off, because you came along. You, and your arrogance, thinking you knew everything about me. Thinking I had gotten better once I stopped drinking. Thinking I didn't want to destroy them, and everything else. Now you've pulled yourself into the picture as well. You've abused me, taught me how to be stronger by force. By torturing me until I had no feeling, no memory of what pain feels like. You've made me numb, jim~. And now... oh now, my son is exactly everything I need to kill everyone on this damn planet. I can be invincible thanks to him, and he'll never leave my side. You know how loyal he is.." Harvey said with a dark smile, jim shifted his weight in sudden realization. Harvey immediately took notice.

"You forgot about that, didn't you~ you forgot how dangerous he could be in the right hands~ well now I have him under my control. He's loyal to me and he'll do anything to keep me alive~ even if that means killing everyone. Else. Around him." Harvey declared, standing up from Jim's chair with a dark smile.

Jim's eyes were full of hatred and intensity as he finally replied to the man.

"You've been out of his life for years, Harvey. What makes you think he'll choose you over William, or y/n for that matter. He's only just met you."

"Oh, but you see, he already has chosen. Deep down Alex knows it's me. It's been me all along. I've left him once, he'll do anything to keep that from happening again. Him and i are the same. We think the same, act the same, and do the same. As soon as he comes to terms with that, him and i will be unstoppable." Harvey smiled, jim shifted once again in realization, immediately Harvey seemed to take note again.

"You're afraid. You know you can't win this one, it's out of your area. You can outwit almost everyone, jim, yet you can't defeat the impossible. I'm untouchable." Harvey was standing right in front of jim now, they were face to face with each other. Jim continued glaring at the taller man, focusing on not showing any sign of fear, concern, or realization that Harvey was right. Harvey was impossibly good, he seemed to know exactly how to get to people.

"I could kill you right now, Harvey."

"Oh, you could. Of course you could. But what good what that do~ you'd piss Alex off more, he'd heal me, and then he'd come for you even sooner. And if you tell him this, any of this... you'll break his little heart, he'll freak out, go into defence mode, and do anything to protect and defend me at all costs. Either way, he turns against you, and I come out unscathed. End of the line, jim~." Harvey cooed dangerously, actually giving jim goosebumps. Finally, jim shook his head, finally taking a step back from the man.

"No. You're wrong. You don't know any of this will happen." Jim replied firmly, causing Harvey to laugh. An ominous, deep, soul rattling laugh.

"I've been right about everything so far~ think about it. I made y/n kill herself, while at the same time confirming that Alex had such... capabilities. I turned everyone on you, and made them believe that you, jim, were the monster. And you, jim. I made you doubt yourself. I made you believe, even for a second that all of this could have been because of you. I made you doubt everything you've ever known and believed. Don't you see, jim? I've completely destroyed you. To me, you're already dead. And soon you really will be. I've already won."