Chapter 109

Jim's POV:

Jim tracked down William, who was actually just outside Jim's building, standing silently looking up at the stars. Jim approached him carefully, in case he was mad about everything- which wasn't even a doubt at this point- this was William, after all. He's just a mad person.

".... are you proud, jim? You know, part of me wanted to kill you. Follow the delusion that if you were dead, everything would be fine. Harvey's biggest trigger would be gone, Alex would drift from y/n and grow closer to Harvey..." William spoke, evidently having heard jim come up behind him. Jim froze and slowly nodded.

".. fair enough." Jim replied. William shook his head, running a hand through his hair, still not bothering to turn around.

".... but I didn't. Because it was all a lie, wasn't it. Harvey would never be good... even before he met you he was a monster." William mumbled, his voice deep and low. Jim kept silent, knowing William was still trying to keep in a lot of emotion.

"It's not FAIR." William snapped, his first connecting with a tree right beside him. Jim could sense all those emotions William was trying to hold in building up, ready to burst at any moment.

"William, I know..."

"No you DONT, jim!" William growled, whirling around to face him. His eyes were dark, any glimmer of happiness in his dull blue eyes had now disappeared into a somber grey.

"Im bloody falling apart at the seams, I just lost my dad, AGAIN, I have to take care of Alex, I have to somehow make Alex not hate me for killing his dad, I-i have to keep myself in order s-so I can-"

Jim cut him off, simply just hugging him. William completely froze up, immediately seeming uncomfortable, but.. he wasn't having a complete mental breakdown like before. Hah. Little trick he learned from y/n. When someone's upset, hug them and it will comfort them. If that someone is William, hug him and he will become immediately uncomfortable and move on to be upset about that instead of what he was stressing about before. Jim pulled away.

"Calm down, William. Make some tea. Get yourself together. You're not going to help anyone if you're freaking out. For now.. just focus on helping yourself." Jim stated matter-of-factly. Jim wasn't good with emotions. At all. And this may not have worked on most people. William, however, seemed to find it oddly comforting. He slowly nodded, before walking away.

Jim sighed, pulling out his phone to text you.

'Find her? What did she say?'

'She's refusing to see them. She has some delusion that Harvey isn't dead, that he's coming to kill her, and Alex and William if they reunite.'

'... alright, fair enough. Find a way to keep in touch with her, then come back. Maybe someday in the future she'll change her mind. ... It's been a long day.'

'See you soon.'

Jim looked at your response, sighing in relief. Just glad this day would be over. .... thank god harvey was dead. Jim felt no remorse for that. It was either him or Harvey. He texted a few of his workers to get rid of the body- he didn't want to deal with that right now.

A while later, you returned back to Jim's place and he met you at the door. You seemed exhausted..

"How do you feel?" Jim asked, examining your expression. You seemed sad, exhausted, and absolutely dreading tomorrow.

"... tired." You replied. Jim sighed, taking your hand. He led you to a room, which technically was his- he just never used it. Usually stayed in his office, never really slept properly until you came around to force him to.

"You need to rest, then. Don't worry about tomorrow.." Jim said as you laid on the bed without protest. You did, however, look at jim expectantly. Jim smiled softly, shaking his head.

"... I'll be back in a minute." He stated, leaving the room again. He quietly went down the hall, knocking very very softly on Alex's door in case he was actually asleep. Which, jim seriously doubted. No one, especially not Alex would sleep well tonight- even considering how tired everyone was. When a soft 'mmhm' came from within the room, jim gently clicked the door open. He usually avoided all contact with the kid, since first off, he didn't trust him, second, he didn't like him, and third... he was too much like Harvey.

"... hey, kid. I.. wanted to apologize. For today." Jim said, stumbling over his words- he hated trying to empathize with people. But he also knew Alex was unstable- if jim didn't do this, there was still always the slightest chance Alex would snap and go after him. Jim didn't want to even think about such a risk. Alex sat up, looking at jim silently a moment.

"... okay." He replied quietly, and jim sighed.

"If- you need to talk—"

"No." Alex replied immediately, making it evident that he really didn't like jim either. Jim slowly nodded in response.

"Fair enough." He predicted the outcome of this conversation to be not much better, anyways.

".... but the apology helps." Alex replied, showing a little bit of gratitude for Jim's effort. Jim nodded again, looking down.

".... right. ..... alright. ... just text y/n if anything happens." Jim replied, before backing out of the room, deciding if he stayed there much longer it would agitate Alex more. The kid was soft and emotional- however since jim shared various similarities in his personality with William, jim could tell that Alex was not only mad at jim. He was mad at Alex as well. He was upset with both of them- William for killing their dad, and jim for letting it happen- and.. well. Almost making Alex do it himself. But.. as long as jim stepped it up a bit, at least made a slight effort to not be hated as much by Alex- it should.. probably be fine.

With that, jim headed back to his room to find you already asleep. He sighed, simply climbing into bed beside you and holding you. It was exhausting to allow himself to be so emotional all day- he wasn't used to it. But... tomorrow should be a better day...