Chapter 16

William tracked Jim's phone, which, of course, most of the people who worked for jim could do for safety reasons. Just in case Jim needed an extra sniper or so without hassle. You followed behind him quickly, as you swerved around people in the streets to get to your destination as soon as possible. After a few minutes of walking, William stopped suddenly and you bumped into him.

"There." He pointed to the roof of a building, which read 'St. Bart's Hospital'. You looked up, and there was jim. On the rooftop. He was standing with another man, slowly circling around him dauntingly. You looked over at William, drawing your eyebrows together.

"What are they doing—? How can we help?" You ask worriedly, before looking at the roof again. William was staring intently at the two men on the rooftop, as if trying to read what their next moves would be. Jim had now stopped in front of the other man, they seemed to be talking very seriously about something. William began to tense up.

"... no..." he whispered, so softly you could barely hear him. Your gaze shifted to William once again, your expression lined with concern.

"What?? William, what is it?? How can we help??"

"We can't. We're too late..." William whispered, staring at the rooftop, his expression slowly turning more and more cold. You had an almost irresistible urge to slap him again.

"William, what's going on—?!!!!?" You glance back at the rooftop; the men were shaking hands now. You took a step towards the building slowly, your heart pounding in your chest. Jim was okay... he was alright.....??

Then you caught the slightest glimpse of shiny metal in the sunlight, and the man stumbled away from Jim.

"NO!!" You cried, as a gunshot rang through the air. You felt Williams hand grab your arm, but it was too late. You tore your arm out of his grip and booked it to the doors of the hospital. By the time you got up the many flights of stairs, the other man was gone. Who knew where he was, you surely didn't care. The only thing you cared about was Jim's body lying on the ground lifelessly, blood trickling across the paved roof atrociously.

You sprinted up to him, immediately pulling him into your arms. Even though he had a bloody gunshot in his head, you checked his pulse. Nothing. No. No. This couldn't be happening. Tears welled in your eyes, you pulled him close in your arms, burying your face in his shoulder.

"No, no, no..... no.... jim why.... w-why are you such... an asshole.... how... could you do this... h-how could y... how could you make me care about you... and then.... this....... no...!!" Tears fell freely down your face as you held the man, trying to understand your emotions. You hadn't ever liked.... loved.. anyone before. And just as you had finally come to terms with the feelings you had for jim.... your heart was completely ripped out of your chest, shattered into pieces.

How could this happen.....?