Chapter 44

William looked as though he was about to snap back, but then he simply took a deep breath, taking a split second to think about something before finally breathing out again.

"... right. Come on then, let's get you all fixed up." William mumbled, taking your non-hurt arm and leading you out of the room. You watched as Jim's dark, threatening eyes followed William all the way out. You wonder if jim would ever look at you like that....

".... hey William? ... how did you meet jim?" You ask, aware of the extremely bad timing but.... jim wouldn't tell you, might as well ask William...

William glanced behind him, to make sure jim wasn't still watching, before pulling you into your room to talk and fix up your arm.

".... please don't tell me you asked jim that." William mumbled, whole taking the old bandages off your wound. You looked at him sideways, confused.

".... I did."

"Damnit y/n. Jim's gonna be bloody strict with me now..."

"What?? Why?"

"Because i owe him my life, and you just reminded him of that." William grumbled, in hatred of the memory. You stared at him with a 'tell me right now or I will hang you from the ceiling fan with this bandage haha just kidding love you but seriously tell me I'm really not kidding' expression. William sighed, shaking his head.

".... when I was Alex's age, our house caught on fire. Jim was the one who got me out. Mum and Alex escaped with each other. Dad was long gone by then."

"Wait.. Alex? You were 10? Alex and you are 12 years apart? Wouldn't he have like.... not? Been born?" You asked, confused. William shook his head in response.

"... complicated. Alex and I used to actually only be 6 years apart.... it's.... a long story. Anyways. Pretty much, he was 4, I was 10. Mum got Alex out of the fire, assumed I was dead. Jim saved me, manipulated me, told me I would be dead without him, and that I owed him my life. He taught me how to be like him, how to hurt others to get what I want, how to control my emotions... when mum found out I was alive, she was less than happy. She found out who jim was, what he did. From then on she wanted nothing to do with me. She locked Alex up to keep him safe, from me, and basically isolated him from the world. That's when he started coming up with fantasies and worlds, developing personalities and people that weren't real in order to keep himself company. Hence, the split personality we see today. ... anyways. when I was old enough, 16, I confronted Jim. I told him I didn't want to help him anymore, basically that I was done with hurting others and wanted to be normal, and find my family. He... wasn't happy about that." William paused, finishing up rebandaging your shoulder. You leaned forward eagerly, eyes wide.

"Wait what?? What did jim do?? And why did the age gap between you and Alex grow, how is that humanely possible in any way???" You ask, eyebrows drawn together in confusion. William glanced up at the camera jim was likely watching you both through.

".... y/n, I have to get back to work. .... I'll tell you the rest later." William stated, before quickly leaving the room without another word.

————— 

Authors note: 

This is confusing and I'm tired and I'm going to bed. Sorry again this sucks so much lately :') anyways. Enjoy I guess. 👌🏻👌🏻