Chapter 48

Jim's POV:

Jim watched calmly as one of the men stepped up to his desk, his voice deep and threatening.

"Do you know who I am?" He asked, jim just raised an eyebrow and smiled, shaking his head.

"Not yet, my dear~ don't rush my fun. Now would you mind calling off your evil henchmen so we can have a sophisticated conversation~?"He hummed in response. The masked man's eyes narrowed in response, but then he simply just nodded, and immediately everyone else left the room besides jim and his new foe. Jim smiled.

"Thank you, my dear~ now I assume you're not the one in charge of all this, am I right?"

"I am."

"Oh no no no no. ALL of it." Jim smiled, the man seemed to know exactly what jim meant, and he shook his head. Jim stood up, his smile never wavering.

"Of course. And I assume you're here to threaten me~? Scare me~? Try to throw me off your game~?" Jim asked, looking at the man, deducing all he could about him. ... which, surprisingly, there wasn't much. Someone made sure that nothing could be found to help jim work it out, and any slightest deduction jim could make, he didn't trust. If someone was good enough to get rid of any deduction evidence, no doubt they were good enough to plant some of their own in order to throw one on the wrong scent.

"Yes." The man raised his arm, and without warning shot jim in the shoulder. Jim cringed, but didn't make a sound. He swallowed, then smiled.

"This some sort of 'death mark' like the black spot~? Shooting everyone in the shoulder?" Jim asks, his smile not fading. The man in the mask was evidently smiling now as well.

"Clever one, aren't you. Now listen up." The man stepped incredibly close to jim, face to face with him. Jim didn't flinch.

"My boss is going to destroy you. Bit. By bit. We all know you both get bored easily. So you're going to play along. But I can promise you this. By the end of it all, you are going to beg him to kill you." The man stated. Jim smiled.

"Ohoho, him~~? So your boss is a man~ interesting." Jim replied, which evidently pissed the man off beyond belief. He grabbed jim by the collar and slammed him against the wall.

"You are going to suffer. You are going to wish to be dead. And eventually, you will be. By your own hand. Just like all your little 'friends'."

"So you think you can manipulate me into killing my 'friends'. My dear, I'm afraid that's not how it works~ go back home and tell your boss you failed. I will do nothing of the sort. If anything, I'll turn the tables on all of you without you even realizing it. So while you're out and about making threats you can't keep, don't forget what I'm saying to you~ I will find out who you are, and I will make your lives into living nightmares." Jim smiled darkly. The man stared at jim blankly a moment, silent. Then he pulled away, letting Jim's collar go. There was a moment of silence between the two, before the man's fist connected with Jim's face, forcing jim to get knocked out cold.