Chapter 103

Alex's POV:

In the morning, Alex sprung out of bed excitedly at the thought of seeing you again. He got dressed and bolted into Williams room, flopping on his bed to wake him up.

"Williammmm!! Today's the day get uppppp!!!"

"Mm... wake me up when I have a girlfriend.." he mumbled tiredly. Alex snorted.

"So... never."

"Exactly."

"Get upppp williammmm!!! Please!!!!" Alex grinned, jumping up off the bed again. William huffed and rolled over, before giving up and groaning.

"Uhggghhhhhhh Fine." He smiled tiredly, but honestly Alex knew it would take at least half an hour for William to properly wake up. So, Alex hopped downstairs and ate breakfast. Funny William woke up thinking about girls. He knew William didn't like you in that way. Hm. He must've had a really deep talk with Harvey yesterday. Oh well, doesn't matter. William seemed perfectly happy, especially enough to be able to talk and joke about it. ... although honestly Alex might be young, but he can't help but have the slightest hunch that William was more into guys. Now THAT is a conversation Alex has learned to NEVER talk to William about out loud, haha.

Anyways, Harvey woke up at hearing Alex hop around and soon enough met him downstairs. Alex waved happily at seeing him come in the room.

"What time do we leave, dad??"

"Calm down— it's a bit early. We'll wait until William gets up-" Harvey chuckled, ruffling the boy's hair. Alex nodded and grinned in response. Soon enough, William joined them downstairs, still half asleep.

"William are you ready?? Dad says we can go soon!!" Alex chirped happily, William huffed and nodded, slowly running a hand through his hair. Alex could tell William was stressed and worn out from overthinking everything all night, but... maybe Alex's optimism could cheer him up a bit. William nodded, pulling his phone and sending out a quick text.

"... yup. We can leave whenever you're ready. ...I think y/n wants us to come to Jim's building, she says jim is going to stay out of the way for sure." William stated, immediately glancing at Harvey who seemed to tense up slightly but slowly nod. Alex grinned.

"Yay!! Perfect!! Let's go!!"

Your POV:

You paced around Jim's office, waiting for the boy's arrival. Jim had stuck around of course, but made sure that he wouldn't bump into them under any circumstances. He had control over the cameras in the building again since Harvey left, so he was just going to keep an eye on things, make sure everything was alright... you were glad, you felt safer knowing jim would help out if anything went sideways.

Soon enough, there was a light knock on the office door, before a very excited Alex barged in and tackle hugged you.

"Y/N!!!" He cried happily and you laughed, picking the boy up in your arms and swinging him around.

"Hello again Alex!!! I missed you!!" You sing-songed to him, setting him down again. William and Harvey stepped in as well, William offering a slight 'i have no idea what to do' kind of wave. You grinned, knowing without having you around he had reverted back into his sociopath, awkward ways. .... like a turtle. Can be the life of the party if you can get him out of his shell, but goes back in after secluded from the party for too long. ..... not the perfect metaphor, but still. Point is, you could easily loosen him up again.

"Hey William!! How are you??" You said happily, going right over and hugging him too. He struggled for a moment before kind of more or less hugging back, but pulling away seconds after.

"I'm— good.— ah- yeah." He nodded, seeming to be having a hard time knowing how to act with everything that's happened. He seemed shocked at your reaction though, almost like he was expecting you to be mad or something. No way! You loved them, they were great! As for Harvey...

You smiled at him, giving him a hug as well but staying on high alert.

"I missed you guys so much! Im so glad you're all doing okay!!" You grinned, taking Alex's hand who still seemed ecstatic to see you. William nodded and looked down, but you could see a hint of sadness in his eyes. Almost like he had hoped jim would pop up and say something, just show some sign that everything he did for William was a lie. ... you felt your heart sink a little, knowing things would NOT get better any sooner. Harvey seemed to catch on as well, you saw a sudden sadness overwhelm him and your heart sank even more. You didn't know what was wrong, but Harvey seemed to be barely keeping it together suddenly...

He quietly excused himself and exited the room to go outside and get some air, while you kept the other two boys talking and visiting. .... and you made William make you some tea, ahah.

Harvey's POV:

Harvey brushed his suit off, calmly striding down the corridor. Oh, he was not sad. Or at all. He simply needed an excuse to leave the room to go have a little 'chat' with jim.