Chapter 90

Williams POV:

Hearing you cry out, William immediately backtracked, but no one was there. You were gone. There was absolutely no way he'd be able to find you in the dark.

"Damnit.." he whispered, pacing a few steps back and forth. Who was doing this? Was it really jim? It certainly didn't sound like him. Harvey said jim was acting strange though, and Jim's clever enough to have manipulated anyone else into doing this for hi— Harvey. .......... Harvey. ..... that's who it sounded like. .... dear lord, jim is trying to make Harvey look like the bad guy. He must be threatening him to do this, forcing Harvey to mess with William and y/n. Jesus... Harvey was in danger.

William shielded his eyes as the lights flickered on again, the brightness seemed blinding in comparison to the dark. After taking a few moments to adjust, he looked around. He could see very slight shoe scuffs on the floor, trailing away from him in the direction you had likely been taken. Well, at least you tried to put up a fight.. damnit, he hoped jim hadn't hurt you...

He followed the trail, before finally coming into a room. He froze up, seeing jim tied to a chair, blank faced, seemingly thinking deeply about something. William drew his eyebrows together in confusion. How desperate is jim to make Harvey look like he bad guy...?

Then he saw you, in the same situation, a few feet away from Jim. You seemed to be in slightly rougher shape, you had evidently put up more of a fight than jim did.

"Jim, what the hell....?" William asked, taking a step forward. A red dot immediately began to hover over Jim's tie, and William stopped abruptly at seeing it. What... someone would shoot jim if William went any closer? Wow. Classy.

"Y/n, what's going on?" William asked, eyebrows drawn together. You looked up at him, shaking your head in response.

"I don't know, I couldn't see what happened, I think someone drugged me so I'm a tad woozy..." you smiled, William nodded in response. You didn't look too well, but considering you were supposedly drugged, you were handling it very well. Must have been a very mild sedative, just something to calm you down. William froze, hearing a laugh echo through the room. The same voice that came through the speakers of the building. William froze up, immediately getting chills. However, he forced his eyes to go cold in response, so as to not show weakness. What the hell was jim doing to Harvey... this isn't his dad. It isn't... he wasn't like this...

"I can see you've discovered my little secret, William~" the voice called, William remained on high alert.

"Harvey, you can stop this.. it's alright." William stated, noticing that you seemed to straighten up at the mention of Harvey's name. You didn't seem to figure out it was Harvey yet- William didn't blame you. This didn't sound like him. It sounded evil, more menacing and devious.... just... not right. There was another laugh in response to Williams words.

"Clueless, clueless twat you are. As you always have been." Harvey strolled into the room, looking at William darkly, fire burning in his eyes.

"Ive wanted to kill you since the day you were born..." Harvey cooed menacingly, William forced himself to remain silent, although he couldn't stop himself from holding back an expression of confusion.

"Oh, don't play dumb with me. You remember it, you just don't want to. All those nights hiding in your room. The sound of glass bottles smashing against the walls. The soft cries of your mother as she cleaned up her cuts and bruises, before she realized you were watching and quickly ushered you out."

"Stop..."

"I loved watching her suffer. I loved watching the growing pain in your eyes as she yelled for you to hide from one of my outbursts."

"STOP."

"And you, Willy boy. You loved it too." Harvey smiled darkly, circling around his son slowly. William had frozen up again. He couldn't accept the fact that Harvey had done all of this. He dismissed all of those memories as simply childhood imagination, or the alcohol Harvey was drinking. There was no way.. Harvey wasn't like that... this wasn't him...

"You were born and raised surrounded by violence... even more so when you came here. I lived off of the growing pain in your eyes, every time you lost someone so dear to you. Your mother, your brother.... and each time, jimbo here took the blame, knowing you'd hurt even more if you knew the truth. And that would mean that I've won. Well guess what. You've seen nothing yet. With me back in your life, you're going to suffer ten thousand times worse than the most painful experience jim put you through. And me.. I'm going to relish every. Single. Second of it." Harvey hummed in a threatening voice, smiling darkly. William was completely frozen, staring at the floor. He could feel you and Jim's eyes on him, watching silently, waiting patiently to see what William would do.

"... no." William stated, looking up at Harvey. Harvey raised an eyebrow, still smiling.

"No~?"

"No. You don't get to control me that easily. Kill jim, kill y/n, kill whoever you want. But me... i will do whatever it takes to stop you." William snapped, one hand on the gun in his waistband, ready to fire immediately if needed. If Harvey had caused all of this pain to you and jim and Alex.... and his mum.. he didn't deserve to live. He was manipulative, and insane. William hadn't grown too attached. well, that's an all out lie. But this was William; he was trained well by jim to keep his emotions out of the picture, and put logic first. So that was damn well what he would do. He would bloody stop Harvey if it's the last thing he did. Harvey simply looked at him, seeming to process what was just said, and decipher whether it was a bluff or not.

".... seems as though I've underestimated you, William." Harvey smiled, remaining completely calm, still smiling. William drew his eyebrows together once more, staring at the man suspiciously.

".... you're strong. You'll do what it takes to get your way. I like that. You could be useful after all." Harvey stated, immediately William backed off a bit. Useful...?