Chapter 62

When you got back to Jim's building, you said a quick see you later to William and Alex, before booking it to try to find Harvey. You kept thinking of more and more things you wanted to ask him, but you needed to know you could trust him first. Soon enough, you found him, and he blinked, seeming surprised to see you.

"Oh- hello, y/n—" He states, but you just grab him by the arm and lead him to the room he brought you to train on the first day.

"We have to talk."

"Oh—- okay—?" He replied, trying to figure out what the heck you were spazzing about. When you got him to the room, you closed the door behind you two.

"Can I trust you, Harvey?" You ask, wanting to hear his response. He paused.

"I believe 'trust' is an unsuitable word for my lifestyle. I work for jim, anything I hear or learn belongs to him." He states in response. You breathe out, relaxing a bit.

"... good. You're still blindly being enslaved by him. Okay. I have a question for you. How convincing can jim be, and how far would he be willing to go to hide something from someone?" You ask, staring at him seriously. Harvey seems a bit rattled by the question, looking down at the floor.

"... I'm pretty sure jim doesn't want anyone talking about this kind of stuff."

"Harvey please?? I'm begging you.... I need to know... I need to know if this is all real or not...." your eyes teared up, you looked at him pleadingly. Heh heh. If anything was going to throw someone off their game here, it was a crying girl. They were all immune to emotions themselves, and weren't used to seeing these kind of feelings around them so they didn't know how to deal with them anymore. They'd just do whatever they could to make it stop, as soon as possible.

As expected, Harvey immediately seemed to backtrack, not wanting you to cry because he really DIDNT know how to handle it.

"I—- y/n, if we have this conversation, you can NOT let jim know, okay?"

"Okay.... I promise." You sniffle, drying your eyes. Harvey nods, and sighs.

".... look. Jim.... jim tends to do whatever he can to manipulate others.... he will go to the extremes to get what he wants. ..... for example... when we were both younger, he took something from me... told me he knew what was best for it. .... told me that I had no part in it. ... that I would ruin everything. I was going through.. a time where I drank a lot, and... I didn't know how to take care of myself, or others. ... even though jim was young back then, he convinced me I was only hurting everyone else. ... which, back then, was probably true. ... but he also told me I could never change, never get better without his help. ... so he ripped me away from the world I knew, and everything..... everyone... in it. He told me that the only way to protect the things I care about, was to take myself out of the picture completely. ..... forever." Harvey paused, looking down.

"... I left everything. My wife, my son... and the baby...."

"Oh my god."

"... what?"

".... oh my GOD!!!!!"

"Y/n, what??"

"YOU ARE WILLIAMS DAD!!!" 

————-

Authors note: 

Yes there's a few loose ends, I will tie them up in the next chapter ;)