Chapter 102

Authors note

Alright guys, so I did a bit of a time skip to the night before you were reunited with Alex and William again, which may seem insignificant for me to put that extra time in between them all being reunited at all. However, for reasons I cannot state right now, it does make sense, and it is rather important in the storyline. It shall all be clarified soon enough, don't worry ;) anyways. Enjoy!

~~~~~

William's POV:

The days passed by quickly as they all awaited meeting up with you again. It had only been about a week in total that they'd left you and jim, but it felt like years. William was still damn upset with jim... although at this point he couldn't even remember why.

After you agreed to meet them, William and Alex spent the next few days getting closer with Harvey and attempting to help him deal with his 'triggers'. It seemed to help a lot, Harvey was a lot more laid back again.. like he was when they were first reunited with him, rather than after they all found out he had a split personality. ... except, now he wasn't going behind their backs planting bombs or hacking their phones to text them creepy messages late at night.

Two days had past, and it was already the evening of the last night before they saw you tomorrow. William was feeling incredibly nervous for some reason. He was pacing back and forth in his room, trying to find the words to say to you when he sees you. Should he... apologize? Should he try to convince you to leave jim—? Should he just avoid you and pretend you were never friends in the first place, and the only reason he was doing this was for Alex?

Harvey knocked lightly on Williams doorframe, before leaning against it.

"... Alex said you seemed upset, thought it would be better if I tried talking to you...hah. Can you imagine that. Me good at talking... that kid is practically everyone's emotional therapist, and he wants me to come up here.."

William glanced at his dad and raised an eyebrow, with a sort of 'what the hell is this supposed to help' expression. Harvey cleared his throat and shifted his weight, William could tell Harvey seemed nervous about talking to him. ... probably because William tended to shut him down a lot, respond with the shortest answer possible to avoid getting too close. ...

"... are you alright, son?" Harvey finally asked, looking at William with sympathy lining his expression. William tensed up at the word son as he usually did, but didn't protest against it. He's caught himself almost calling Harvey 'dad' a few times again lately... not a bad thing, just... very unfamiliar.

"... yeah. Just nervous I guess."

"... you afraid she'll be mad?" Harvey asked, as if reading Williams thoughts. .... just like Alex would do. ...

"... yeah, I guess." William responded with a nod, forcing himself to stop pacing.

"... afraid she won't want you as a friend anymore because she might feel 'betrayed' you and Alex left to come with me...?" Harvey asked, causing William to slowly nod again.

".. I suppose. It's.. complicated. As you know I'm not.. not exactly the easiest person to get along with." William replied, looking at the floor. Harvey was silent a moment.

".... it's okay to be upset with me, William. Making you chose between me and your friends wasn't fair. ... I'm new to this too. I'm sorry.. for everything."

"No. Stop. I'm not upset about that."

"William, it's okay to be mad. You need to come to terms with yourself though before you can learn to move on. Yes, i was an alcoholic. Yes, i left... yes, i was wrong to do so. I could never apologize enough.." Harvey took a few steps closer to William while he spoke.

".... I regret it every day of my life. I missed out on so much... but I want to at least try to make up for it. I'll make a lot of mistakes on the way.... but please, William. .... don't push me away like I did to you..." Harvey said, placing a hand on Williams shoulder. William was looking at the floor, forcing himself to keep his emotions in. His hands shook and tears began to form but he forced them back. Refused to let them out. He slowly nodded in response, complying to Harvey's apology. Harvey pulled William into a hug, and immediately William hugged back.

".... I won't, dad..." William whispered, his eyebrows draw together as he focused on keeping his composure. After a couple moments, Harvey pulled away and smiled.

"... alright... we all good?" He asked, and William nodded, smiling slightly in response.

"... good. ... I'm glad. And... you should smile more, William. I'm sure you'll make friends a lot easier."

".. hah." William laughed half heartedly at the joke as Harvey smiled and left the room. He felt his phone buzz in his pocket, quickly checking the text. There was one from you.

'Hey William. You excited? Feels like forever since we've seen each other!'

William stared at the text a moment, before responding.

'Yeah. Say hi to jim for me. Talk to you tomorrow."

He set the phone down, then ran his hands through his hair. He hoped jim hadn't hurt you in any way.... god he really hoped he hadn't hurt you. ...

He breathed out, convincing himself you would be alright. After, he went to Alex's room to say goodnight to the kid. They talked for a little bit until Alex agreed to try to sleep through the night and not worry about having nightmares. After, William went back to his own room. Regardless of how much Harvey surprisingly helped him, he couldn't sleep very well that night.