~1~

Friday evening, sunset. Ama Jenkins sat daintily atop her thrown facing the windows in her grand corner office, allowing herself to be bathed in what was left of its light. Legs crossed and heels tapping to the beat of her heart, she watched over the empire before her.

It was times like this that she savoured the most, times when she could look over her success. She still couldn't believe how fast she made it, or that she even made it at all. Being a woman and all, being a black African. People mocked and teased her for having such ambitions, saying that she wouldn't make it. Not with her background. Not with her story.

But she didn't let that stop her. Oh no, not with Ama. That is not how she was raised. She held her head high and sashayed into the fashion industry with ease, with her innovative ideas and passion to change how poisonous the industry had become. She was quick to take up any opportunity, and manipulate problems to her advantage.

She was a woman. Power and compassion in a sweet and sexy package. Her heart was always full, her mind, always working to create something extraordinary. Ama was always on top of her game, making no room for people who weren't ready to work with her. Some called her evil, and why not? She enjoyed the humiliation of those who tried to catch her out, and could be heartless in her honest judgement.

But being a woman was something for others to take advantage of.

Men.

They were something... the ones to bring you pain and pleasure. Oh how a woman like Ama could crave for the attention of a man. How they could make you the centre of their world, then disregard you as nothing compared to their sensitive egos.

She let out a dark chuckle. The thought was enough the have her sex clenching between her legs... Men.....

~~.~~.~~.~~

Graham Banks howled a throaty yawn as he opened the door to his office. Boy was he tired. But it was all worth it when he knew it was all his work; not the result of his minted family.

He set his brief case down on his desk and stepped out onto the balcony. Breathing in the early spring air, he admired the empire he was so fortunate to live in, as the sun sank slowly behind its skyscrapers. Oh how he loved it here, he felt like he could have anything in the world...

... But he couldn't, not after he lost it. The grief was too much for him to truly be happy, not with anything... Not with anyone. Not with any other woman.

He couldn't bring her back, and for that he felt like he hadn't loved and treasured her enough. But that was all in the past now, he was over her, and enjoyed the playboy reputation that he'd made for himself, despite her presence still being dearly missed.

But he wasn't over it, the thing that took her away. It was the reason she was gone. It was what had caused him and others such pain. He couldn't stop It, though the lord knows he tried.

"Sir" Came a quiet voice, so gentle it could've been carried by the wind.

Graham turned to see his secretary stood in the door frame with a small slip of paper held between her fingers. This was it, what had fate put in his path this time?

He took the slip from her, gingerly unfolding it and reading fate in its plain truth. A small smile sneaked onto his face as a low chuckle escaped his lips.

"Thank you Ms. Nancy."

"Will that be all sir?"

"Um, could you tell Mel to call Chris and Frank to my office and order from the sushi place? Thank you."

With that she was off through the office and Graham was back to reminiscing his life. He had been blessed today, now he had a chance to change things.. that was if fear didn't decide to make lovely with his heart.

It had been years, and he had changed in the eyes of the public. His passion could die, or it could kill him. He could go down the same road that she did, that is not what she would want. That was the one promise he swore to never break.

He had been given another chance to do justice to her; this time he won't let it slip through his fingers.

~~.~~.~~.~~

Hello my beautiful unicorns!!! I've finally started to edit this book, hooray for me!!

If you are new here, enjoy! though the story may not make here and there, tbh its like that already as it took me around two years to finish all of this, it was pretty tough for me.

So just a heads up, some chapters may go missing.... but not because I'm deleting them completely. You'll find them on my Patreon in addition to bonus chapters and short stories, all for this book. It's only £5, but bare in mind I've just started, you donations will help me create more content for you and future readers.

The link is here:  https://www.patreon.com/bobosarcasticmango

But you can also find it in my Wattpad bio as well.

Vote Comment Share and Follow.

And with that shameless promotion out of the way... Love you all so much

Bo xxx