38

"What do you mean you can't fucking arrested her!" Graham screamed into the police officers face.

"Not only that sir, but under these circumstances, we cannot and will not consider her a criminal. If anything she should be rewarded for her actions today."

"Bullshit!" Graham hissed. "Complete and utter BULLSHIT!!!"

"We did warn you son. Even she warned you. Let alone all the signs placed right in front of you." Cynthia-May sighed with stony expression.

"You knew. You all knew and you didn't tell me. I... I..." Memories of all the times she'd acted strange or distant came rushing back. "I'm so fucking stupid."

"It wasn't our place to tell you son." Vincent intervened. "She would've told you when the time was right."

"You all knew about this..."

"We didn't." Frank called out, him and his brother looking just as confused as Graham felt.

"She killed two people. TWO! Innocent people. She's a murderer, what do you mean she can't be arrested."

"One... I killed one of them, an both are far from innocent." Ama croaked, as she approached them.

She was now wearing jeans, boots and a button up shirt, all in black. Her hair and make-up were done perfectly, not a single scar in sight. Though she looked as normal as normal could be, her black out shades and croaky voice told a different story.

She reached into her back pocket and tossed the gun to Yulia.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

"Miss Jenkins," Said the officer. "If we could please have a report delivered to the station by tomorrow evening, we will be taking our leave."

"What. No you can't just go. There was a murder. She murmured someone. Two people in fact."

"Zach isn't dead." Phoebe piped up. "I saw him escape before the police arrived."

Ama let out a heavy sigh. "It's fine guys. Let the office arrest me. You can even cuff me if it puts his mind at ease."

The police officer hesitated for a while before putting the cuffs on her out stretched wrists.

Bulldog, who'd been leaning against the wall calmly, now got up and tried to take cuffs off.

"Stop!" She whimpered in pain.

"No you can't let him do this to you." He growled.

"It's fine. You know they wouldn't let anything happen to me." She soothed, slipping out of his grip and following the officer.

When she was gone, Bulldog wasted no time in going after Graham.

"This is all your fault you prick. She actually liked you. I liked you. We thought you'd be different!" He cried as Richie Donny and Missy held him back.

When he was calm, Richie approached Graham. "Look. I'm not going to hold it against you to be angry with my sister. But just know that this is much bigger than her killing someone who would've killed or kidnapped her. You may doubt it now, but you are the best thing that has ever happened to my sister. She's been a different person since she met you. Ama isn't innocent, no, she's far from it, but she is a good person, an angel if anything. If I were you, I wouldn't let an angel like her go just like that."

"Thank you Miss Jenkins, you are more or less free to go." Officer John said. "Apologies for this inconvenience."
"It's no problem." Ama mumbled. Still reeling from the look of anger on Graham's face.

She felt beyond ashamed. She felt physically disgusted with herself. He would never look at her again. He'll want nothing to do with her. It was never meant to be, they could never last. She should've cut it off ages ago.

She choked on her sobs, reaching into her pocket for her phone. The station door opened following by a single round of applause.

"Beautiful, just beautiful." Elick laughed. "If that was a movie, it'd win the Oscars I'm sure."

"What do you want, Dickhead." Ama spat, fists balled.

"Such vulgar words for a princess to be using, I should clean that mouth of yours." He replied, leaning in for a kiss.

Ama stepped back, landing a firm slap on his cheek. "You disgust me."

"Well I told you you'd have to come the hard way, now look. Your little boy toy saw you kill one of my Coyotes and now he hates you." Elick smirked. "Can I just say you looked extremely sexy fighting her off. And that ass, damn."

"Leave Elick. Get the fuck out of here."

"Or what Lukama. What are you going to do?" Suddenly, two police officers grabbed her from behind. "You can't even move."

An animalistic growl left Ama's lips. She had had enough of Elick's stupid games. She dropped to the floor, grabbing a gun on the way. The officers scrambled to get her but she quickly put them out.

The three henchmen behind Elick ran for her. One swung for her, but she ducked, snatching up his shank and splitting his spine in two.

The second she shot in the knees before slitting his throat.

The last came from behind, pulling her hair. Quickly, Ama flipped onto the guys shoulders, twisting his neck until there was an audible snap. She finished the job off by sending the shank into his chest.

Before Elick could make a move, Ama shot him in the shoulder and pounced. They fell onto the floor with Ama holding the gun to his forehead.

"Do not underestimate me Elick Obemba. That would be a mistake. I'm going to tell you once and only once. Stay the fuck away from me."

The Airport terminal was mostly empty, making the awkward silence even more unbearable.

Veronica suddenly stepped in front of her brother, looking up into his eyes.

"What?" He grumbled.

"You still love her..."

"Ronnie, not this. I really don't want to..."

"No, you listen to me." She said, stopping him from walking past her. "I know you Hammy, I can see the conflict in you eyes. You want so bad to hate her, but you don't have it in you. It's clear you're in love with her. She is good for you, you may not notice it but she is. You've changed you know, your not the egotistical, one night stand, don't fuck with me type person you were.

"What you share with Ama is so strong, even I can feel it. Don't you dare let something so special go." She stood on her toes to give Graham a kiss on the cheeks. "Bye Hammy."

"Bye Ronnie."

The truth was that she was right. Graham was already head over heels in love with Ama Jenkins. And as much as he tried to think logically, he didn't see a murderer, he could only picture her as a goddess.

There was no denying that whatever connection they had was already too strong to break, and Graham didn't want to break it. But he could not be with a murderer. He couldn't possibly spend the rest of his life with someone who had blood on their hands. Could he?

It didn't matter, it was probably best to stop seeing her. They'd finish the campaign, go their separate ways and never cross paths again.

Seemed like a decent enough plan, so why did he want cry at the idea of it?