25

"How? HOW DOES THIS KEEP HAPPENING AMA!" Phoebe screamed across the room. "We literally can't leave you alone for one minute before something happens to you."

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. It's not my fault." Ama sniffled in response.

"I honestly thought we'd trained better than this. You should have raised the alarm as soon as he took your wrist." Phoebe continued. "Instead you waited until he'd got you alone, disabled you, AND FUCKING TOUCHED YOU UP."

The room was deadly silent, except for the muffled sound of Ama sobbing into a cushion.

"I'm sorry I'm sorry." She repeated between hiccups and snorts.

"I'm afraid I have no choice but to tell Efi about this."

"No no no no. Not maman. Please not my mother. She'll never let me come here again." Ama rambled, fresh tears streaming down her face.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. No one said anything. Nobody moved. The knock sounded again this time more urgent.

Bulldog, who had been sat quietly, listening to Phoebe's rant, got up from his seat and went to open the door.

"Where is she?!" Ama's eyes widened at the sound of her brother's voice.

"You told Richie!" She squeaked.

"Yes she told me. And a good thing too because your going to need help convincing maman that you can still stay here." Richie said, plonking himself on the other side of the couch.

Sometimes Ama forgot how handsome her brother was. especially in a tank top and shorts. His chestnut hair was swept back and had no product in it. He'd had a hair cut too, allowing her to see his strong manly face.

"Well don't your gay ass look healthy, with that fresh cut, tryna look fly..." Ama grumbled, glaring at the smirk on his face.

"Glad to see you haven't lost your attitude ugly. Come here miss grumpy ass and give your big bro a hug." Richie streached out his arms to welcome her.

Annoyed, she left her seat, plodded over to him and begrudgingly sat in his lap. Her annoyance was only fueled at the sight of the cheeky grin on his face as he enveloped her in his arms.

"Has she been eating well." Richie asked, now very serious.

"Like a pregnant woman." Bulldog complained. "She's been a whiny ass bitch too."

"You on your period Ama?" Richie asked looking down at his sister's grumpy face.

"I came off yesterday." She mumbeled, not meeting his eye.

"It has nothing to do with her period Richie," Phoebe said scrolling through her phone. "It's cuz she been getting frisky with Graham Banks."

"What!" Two voices exclaimed. That's when Ama noticed that Donny had also come to visit.

"Ama is this true?" Her brother asked.
Ama felt heat rise on her face and tried to hide her growing smile in Richie's chest.

"Ama Jenkins!" Donny gasped.

"Oh that's not all. They've been getting up to some real kinky shit too."

"Phoebe." Ama warned.

"No girl, spill us some tea." Richie urged.

"Well remember that night we asked to use the Pinwheel club. Yeah well, Graham is very possessive and didn't like Ama's outfit. And when he asked her to put her coat back on she said no."

"Typical." Donny mumbled, rolling his eyes.

"So there I am dancing with one of Graham's cousins and next thing I know, Ama's thrown over his shoulder and he's taking her to some room somewhere." Phoebe stopped, looking Donny and Richie in the eyes one after the other.