58

An emAgency

We've all been thrown a massive curve ball here at NY-Mag as Ama Jenkins does it yet again. Being preoccupied by the ongoing elections did not get in the way of this beauty Queen, Oh No!

As we all know, today was polling day, the day everyone has been itching for. After watching our many candidates go neck and neck, trying to win us over, we finally get a say. But what we weren't expecting was this bombshell of a business deal.

And what what exactly did the self made billionairess do. Well let's begin with a modelling agency!! She is now a partner in the fresh new 'VKJD Agency of Talent and Expression'. The partnership being between Ama Jenkins, Yulia Kochkov, Phoebe Dracoll, And a new face, DonAntonio Verma.

And no, that isn't the only deal she's made, it has been announced that Ama has also handed, yes handed, Yuffles Cafés over to the mysterious Verma, claiming it would be better in the hands of someone with more passion for the trade.

And it doesn't stop there. Ama and Graham have come to a partnership on  the company Royal, hoping to expand and promote their cause.

Who says you can't mix business and love?

"I still can't believe no one recognizes the name Verma." Donny grumbel, slapping the paper down onto the coffee table. "That name used to have people at there knees."

"This is not Italy Don." Ama chided, returning to the lounge area after seeing Graham off. "And you are not your father."

"You know, you act like such an uncooth bone head, I forget you're rich." Yulia mumbled, tapping her heels, a nervous habit.

"Hmm, you're lucky you look the part today, I can't find anything on you to insult."

And it was true, Yulia mostly opted for jeans and a shirt or wore cute oversized things. Today she wore wore blue-grey pants with a matching fitted low shoulder blazer a cream turtle neck and burgundy stilettos. She wore shiny burgundy lipstick and her light brown hair was styled into a neat Bob.

"I always look the part." She smile, batting her long mascara clad lashes.

Ama chuckled at their squabbling and went out to the balcony, so much had changed in the past months, her world didn't seem so glum anymore she felt liberated. Maybe because she'd fallen in love. Maybe because of the campaign, all she'd learnt. For the first time in a long time, it felt good to be alive.

Out the corner of her eye, Ama spotted a car pulling up to the building, a red convertible that belonged to Richie. And sure enough, her brother slid out the car and strode inside, Bulldog following close behind.

Within a few minutes, he burst into the lounge, demanding to know where Ama was. She whipped around just in time to see him come through the door, dressed casualty in a brow sweater, black khakis, with a small satchel over his shoulder and mirrored shades.

"Sis..." He squeaked. He'd been crying, or was about to.

He peeled off the shades to show his red puffy eyes. He'd definitely been crying.

Ama said nothing, just embraced her brother as he started to sob again.

"It's ok, let it all out. Come let's sit." She soothed, guiding him to a couch.