53

In Ama's opinion, military camo was not the most appealing thing to wear, but since they wanted to 'keep a low profile', it was only appropriate.

The gang were back together again and were going to spend the next six weeks in the central states, starting the reformation of the salt lake slums while Vincent finish his presidential campaign.

But they weren't just for physical reformation, they were here to educate, assist and empower the people who lived here. They'd met with the ambassador's - Jacob and Mila - and got a good look at what the situation was like. It was now evening and they were all gathered it the city hall (one of the only structure that had been properly rebuilt after the war) receiving their assigned duties.

"Bill, Lukama, and Missandra are in charge of self defense classes. Francisco and Christoph - swimming and team building instructors. Graham and his people are on clean up and waste disposal duty. Yulia and Phoebe will be working with the military to neutralise 'infultrations'. Again, Lukama, Missandra, Francisco, Christoph and Phoebe will offer life skill workshops. Bill, Graham and his people will set up temporary bunkers at safe spot in the city. The rest of you volunteers have wristbands assigning you to your directors..."

Ama leaned over to whisper in Graham's ear. "She still doesn't believe the imminent infiltration thing does she."

"She's a 35 year old in and 18 year olds body. She's super smart and has been roaming these streets since she could walk. She can't imagine any sort of threat that she can't handle. Besides, she doesn't know about your secret."

"And Jacob?" She asked, glancing at the silver haired young man beside Mila.

"Jacob is a rebel child, his dad is one of those snotty politicians, a candidate in the current elections."

"Oh really, which party."

"Conservatives. They had a disagreement a couple years back at some event. Now he's seen as an embarrassment to the family. His mum still loves him though."

"And you know all of this because?"

"Background check, firstly. Secondly, I've me them before. And third, my mother is part of the political wives association and makes it a point to keep me posted on these things whether I like it or not."

Ama smiled up at him. The summer sun had done beautiful things to Graham's skin. It was lightly sun kissed, which was enough to bring out a light dusting of freckles on the bridge of his nose. His recently trimmed hair was swept back due to constant attempts to control his cowlick. In the dim light, his eyes looked more green than blue but still drew her in like a vortex. His while being seemed deliciously handsome today. And those irresistible lips gave way to a dashing set of teeth, he was grinning.

"You're drooling." He whispered.

Ama snapped out if her daze and put her hand to her mouth, dry. She used the same hand to smack Graham's cheek.

"You're cute when your annoyed."

"Shut up."

"Hey, you're the one that was staring."

"Yeah, and your the one I was staring at."

"Because..."

Because I love you. She almost said, but held her tongue just in time, then said. "Because you're my man, and my man is looking cute today."

"Damn tight I am - wait! Cute? Today? Listen here Honey muffin." He said, cupping her face. She loved it when he called her that. "I am you're man, yes? My good looks apply to every day for the rest of your life. And I do not look cute, I look super cute."