70

Everyone sat in silence as they listened to Yulia, Donny and Matiao tell their story. Yuri sat opportunities them holding Beth's hand, he always had a soft spot for her.

"So this was what you were all gossiping about after breakfast the other day?" Bulldog said in realisation.

"Yup. We thought she was playing them." Missy explained.

"I did not see this coming." Adrian stated. "But hey, I'm happy for you guys. But no kids until marriage"

"Slow down Adrian." Phoebe scolded. "You should be thinking more about your love life."

"Why is everyone so concerned about my love life. You should worry more about Lucian. He's the one sleeping around."

"So, Yuri, do you have have anything you want to say to your sister?" Ama said.

Yuri sat quiet for a while until the weight of everyone's gaze started to bother him.

"Fine! I'm sorry Yulia. You know I only want the best for our family."

Yulia laughed. "It's okay Yuri. Really. Just don't be a dick head so much."

"Why should this even be an issue." Richie butted in.

"I know right." Beth said agreed.

"But still on the topic of gossip." Adrian said, wiggling his eyebrows.

"Don't think about it."

"Aagh come on bro. Are you and Quinn getting back together yet?"

"Yeah Richie." Bulldog joined in. "What happened to 'we're just taking a little break?'"

"Guys I am so not in the mood to talk about him."

"But he's going to be at the Gala, and it's at the weekend." Phoebe stated, proceeding to list all the reasons why they shouldn't have taken a break in the first place.

"Who in their right mind invited Elenore to the Gala?" Marcus boomed as he walked into the room.

The room suddenly fell deathly quiet. Marcus was aan with a level head, but it was never a good thing to see him angry.

"Are any of you going to answer or do I have to repeat myself? Who was it!?"

"It was me Papa." Richie said quietly.

Marcus's face fell as he looked at his son. "And may I ask why?"

With a heavy sigh, Richie started to explain the whole situation to him. About his mother, Lennon, and his half-brother Jude.

"I don't know what to say." Marcus finally said.

"I'm not too sure about this." Gabriel said with scepticism. "After all the scandals she's framed us for?"

"Yeah, what if that's not really her kid." Katarina voiced.

"Don't be like that Kat. Let's just give her a chance, she can come but she can't mingle. She'll what she has to and then leave."

"I'm with Coral on this." Efi piped in. "She may have been a real bitch to us before, but I'm willing to put it all behind me if she's willing to come and apologies."

Marcus was not too convinced.

"S'il vous plaît Papa." Richie pleaded.

"Fine," Marcus sighed. "But I don't want to see her face in the ballroom with the other guests, I may not be a leanient."

Finally, the day had come. The day of the Autumn-Winter Jenkins Estates Gala. The house had been awake since the break of dawn. Maids had been dusting and decorating. Matiao and his team added the finishing touches to the garden's. Bethany and Christoph polished off their performances.

Yulia, Missy, Bulldog and Phoebe worked on security. Frank, Graham and Richie helped the catering team. Which left Ama, Katarina and Coralie to greet their overnight guests.

"Welcome back Mr and Mrs Avinash." Ama greeted the middle aged couple with their two year old daughter. They owned Avinash Home Furnishings, one of the more lavish home furnishing companies and also a trusted family friend.

"Oh Ama, you know you don't have to call us that." Edward Avinash chuckled. "We'll be off then, Sabrina needs a nap."

Next was Yohan and Yvonne Kochkov. Yvonne, a light skinned south African brunette with a face full of freckles. And her husband Yohan, a tall buff beaded bit a scary face but friendly smile. He burst into the house and engulfed the three girls with a huge hug and kisses on all their head.

"Princesses." He said.

"Welcome Uncle Yohan, Auntie Yvonne."

"I heard my boy was causing trouble here. Did he argue with his sister again?" Yohan said, looking around for his children.

"It's best if you talk to Yulia first, Yuri is still ajusting." Coral said with a smirk.

"Yohan dear go easy on the kids please." Yvonne called after her husband went off to hunt down his kids. "Hello again grils."

The three of them greeted her with a kiss. "Ama, I'm very excited to be introduced to your boyfriend."

"He's with the catering team now if you'd like to meet him." She smiled.

"In that case I'm off. We'll see eachother in the evening."

Hours went by, they continued to prepare. By sunset, guests had started to arrive.

The girls were in a frenzy, going from room to room try to get their outfits together. It was going to be a busy night.