71

It was late now and everyone had settled back down. They'd all eaten dinner and we're back to dancing, singing and participating in some of the activities.

Beth stood out in the garden trying to convince Richie to give Quinn another chance. Her friends backing her up.

"Beth is right Richie. You really aren't going to find anyone like him. He's mean to literally everyone but you. Plus hello? He's in love with you." Ju all but screamed.

"I second to that!" Freya agreed.

"Us too." Maxim spoke on behalf of Jennifer, who was munching on a shrimp kibab.

"I agree too. You better do it fast, before you loose him forever." Sebastian chimed. He came round and took Richie's hand. "Come on guys, we're doing this now!"

"You guys go ahead, I'm going to get another pastry real quick."

They went off through the ballroom, searching for Quinn, dragging a slightly reluctant Richie along with them. Beth turned to go straight to the kitchen when she bumped into the last person she wanted to see that night.

"Beth." He said, looking down at her with those cinnamon brown eyes. He'd grown his hair out a little, not as long as Chris, but enough for it to hang around his face.

He had to glasses in his hands, one extended to her. She fought the urge to slap it away. Just the sight of him disgusted her, her skin crawled at the meer sound if his voice.

"What do you want Alejandro." She spat. He winced, she never called him that to his face.

"I just want to talk."

"I don't want to speak to you."

"You look beautiful tonight." He continued, ignoring her remark. "And you sang beautifully. I really loved your performance, it was like-"

"Flattery won't get you anywhere Alejandro. Now if you'd excuse me." She made to walk past him but he grabbed her arm and pulled her back.

"Don't touch me!"

"What's going on here?"

They both turned to see angry green eyes staring at them, mostly at Alex.

"That is quite frankly none of your business." Alejandro spoke up. "Aren't you the pianist, go entertain the guests and stay out of this."

"Don't you dare speak to him like that Alejandro." Beth spat.

"Ah, so you're the infamous Alejandro." Chris smirked, but Beth could see the tick in his jaw and knew he was itching to cause trouble.

"Babe, come on, let's go. He's not worth the time or energy." Beth scoffed, giving Alejandro a filthy look.

"You're dating a pianist now. Wow Beth, that's a real blow. You're doing so well now aren't."

"Yes, I'm doing real fucking great no thanks to you. And if it bothers you so much. Chris is not a pianist, he just so happens to be one of Vincent Banks' nefews. You know, the new President of the Empire."

That seemed to keep him quiet.

"Exactly what I thought." Beth huffed. "But do you know the best part. He is the most caring, considerate, loving man I've met. And I can say man because even though he may be 19, he is so much more mature and respectful. He listens to. He doesn't push. He is in no way, perverted, rude or manipulative. He is the only person worth giving my love to. And you. You better pray whoever ends up with you is more forgiving than I am. Because as of now, I don't want to hear my name in you mouth ever. Now begone Thot. I am going to passionately make out with my man."

Beth didn't wait for an answer, she didn't want one. All she wanted was a pastry. She continued to numbly drag Chris through the house when he abruptly came to a stop.

"Why? What's wrong?" Beth asked.

"Nothing." He shrugged, smirking a little.

"You boys have a thing with those smirks." She countered.

"Okay, okay. Firstly, that..." He jabbed his thumb outside. "Was amazing and hot as hell. Secondly, when did we start dating?"

Beth blushed furiously and looked away from him. She'd only let Alejandro assume that so she could egg at him. She wanted to see him suffer a lot more than she did.

She felt his fingers slide under her chin and lift it up to look into his searching eyes. Then he smiled and planted a kiss on her forehead.

"It doesn't matter if we're dating or not Betty. I'm your man, and your my woman. You're the only one worth giving my love to."

Hearing her own words from his lips was like being showed the light. She'd already fallen for him, without even realising. She'd fallen in love.

I'm in love...