31

Something was different. And not the good kind, more like the 'there's something fishy going on' different.

First of all, it was raining. Second, Ama was late, fashionably late. She was never late, even if she'd been up till three in the morning texting naughty things to Graham, she still managed to be the first person prepped and ready for the day.

Today, on the other hand, she came down looking sluggish and dressed completely in black.

Black jeans, black turtle neck, a black hooded trench coat. She had black out shades on and had gone for as to wear black leather gloves.

Damn, she looks like an even more sadistic version of the grin reaper. Graham thought to himself.

It didn't held that she had a firm scowl on her face either. Ama skipped breakfast which really got Graham worrying, seeing he knew how much she loved her food. Instead, she stormed straight through the lobby and out of the hotel, not looking at anything or one.

Third, Graham hadn't failed to notice that Ama was paying attention to Hannah and vise versa. Everyone was used to them both pretending that the other didn't exist. But on the trip to the next town, Graham had seen them both sneek glances at eachother; even catch the other out in a very long, awkward moment.

Graham's phone buzzed in his pocket, bringing him out of his pondering. It was from Frank.

Franco💵: Yo dude! You seen your girl been acting weird. Tried asking Phoebe what's up but she won't spill.

I don't know man, but I'll soon find out.

He pushed the phone back into his pocket, feeling eyes on him. He looked up to see Ama staring in his direction.

They'd finally reached the town and had to check into a hotel close to the airport. But they couldn't do it quick enough as Graham was itching to see his sister again.

He still couldn't believe that he was going to be an uncle, he was going to have a little niece or nephew that he could spoil, teach new things to. It almost made him want to become a father.

Once booked into his suite, Graham quickly changed into a t-shirt and jeans before rushing back down to meet his parents in the lobby.

"Can we go now." He said, running his hands through his hair.

Cynthia laughed. "Oh Graham, always itching to see his sister."

"Just... Can we please go? I'll drive if you want." He replied nervously, feeling his face heat up.

It had been almost a year since he last saw his sister, and it wasn't like she had always been around anyway. She was schooled in Europe and would only come home on holidays.

Graham had always looked forward to summers with Veronica, especially since hers were shorter.

None the less, when she was around, they'd spend hours in the den, catching up.

But now that Veronica had a bun in the oven, Graham couldn't help the urge to be closer with his sister than he'd ever been.

Once they'd parked the car, Graham leaped out, looking around for his sister.

He saw her eyes first, big lovable brown eyes that beamed bright when she saw him.

"HAMMY!!" She cried, pushing past people to get to Graham.

"RONNIE!!" Graham answered as she jumped up into his arms.

He squeezed her tightly, taking in the familiar scent of orchid and Greek spices. He pressed a kiss on her forehead pulling her closer, feeling the pressure against his stomach.