~12~

As always, Graham had an agenda. He always stuck to them and was determined on this one. He was weirdly nervous walking through the halls of Boston West High School to the auditorium. But he'd made up his mind and would not be refused. After what had happened early this morning he had to decide whether it was really worth all the effort to get to know Ama. He'd thought not, but then remembered that they would be spending the next months together and curiosity would eventually kill him one way or another.

He walked through the slowly filling room, ignoring the sneaky eyes and whispers from some of the teenagers, and made his way back stage.

"Excuse me?" He asked into the air, hoping someone was close enough to hear him.

"Oh Mr. Banks, how can I help you?" An over bubbly blond teacher asked.

"Do you know where Miss. Jenkins is?" He saw her smile turn from excited to fake in a flash.

"She's somewhere in the curtains talking the someone." She answered, waving her hand in no particular direction.

Helpful. Graham thought, making his way to the stage.

And there she stood, with a clip board and phone at her shoulder. She wore a tan pants-suit, and had tamed her curls into a neat bun on top of her head, a few wisps let loose around her face. She was biting her lip in concentration, he'd noticed she had a habit of doing that. On the coach trip, she'd fallen asleep like that and it had taken everything in Graham not to pluck her lip from her mouth and take it in his.

She looked up seeing him and ended her call, pushing her tinted glasses back up her nose.

"Whatever you're going to ask me is not important." She said before he could open his mouth.

"What makes you think I was going to ask anything?" Graham smirked. Ama just rolled her eyes and pushed the clip board into his hands.

"Listen, I'm going to lead this presentation, like we agreed. I need you to remember to be blunt but sensitive with these kids. Especially since their all being searched before being allowed to listen."

"WHAT!" Graham cried. "Why are you having them searched. These are kids Ama, what harm could they do to you."

"Oh please, Graham. Over 50% of those kids are in a gang of some sort, and the topics we're discussing today is meant to be a slap to wake them up from their prejudices. This is hardly to do with me!" She whisper yelled.

"It has everything to do with you Ama." Phoebe said as she walked past, causing Graham to raise a brow.

"You were saying?" He asked.

"Fine," Ama glared at him. "It's because some of these kids are in gangs and nobody wants them to recognise me! Are you happy?!"

Graham grabbed hold of her chin, bringing it close to his.