66

"Its my birthday!" Beth muttered to herself as she sat up in bed. She got up and burst into Ju's adjoining. "Wake up you sleepy potato. It's my birthday."

"It's my birthdaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy." She cried as she ran through the corridors.

"Whooaaah!" Ju screamed behind her.

"How the fuck do you two have energy this early in the morning?" Katrina said as they passed her on the landing.

"Because my dear cousin. It is my birthday. I am allowed to go nuts." Beth said. "Where's Coral."

"She's taking an early shower."

Beth continued on her way, waking up everyone in the house with her early celebrating.

"Ama!" She squealed jumping on her sisters bed.

"Oh my lord Bethany. You're 17 now! Don't you think you should get past winding me every birthday morning!"

"Nope!" She replied bouncing on the bed. "New age, same bitch."

Ama rolled her eyes and dragged her naked body out of bed.

"How are you so unbothered about people seeing you butt naked." Graham croaked.

Ama shrugged and went into the ensuite.

"So... Brother... Did you get me something for my birthday?" Beth questioned slyly.

"I do." Graham smirked. "But it's a surprise."

"Oh boo hoo." Beth pouted jumping off the bed. "Well I'm off to stuff my face with waffles and whipped cream."

She rushed out of the room, not looking where she was going and bumped right into Christoph.

"Oh good morning." She smiled sweetly. "It's my birthday today."

"I know." He smiled slyly. His hair was tied back as usual, wore black joggers, Versace sliders and no shirt at all.

Beth thought her eyes would explode as she silently ogle his beautiful torso.

"Like what you see?" He smirked.

"Yes I do." She replied. "And now I have to pray for forgiveness for all the sinful thoughts I'm having now."

She was just about to walk past him, his hand shot out of his pocket to grip her waist. He moved his face close to hers, just enough to brush his lips across her temple to her ear.

"Happy Birthday Betty."

"And then he gripped my waist and got all in my face. God he smelt so good, I thought I was gonna die I was so dizzy. He is so hot like oh my ghawd!"

"I wanna meet him!"

"You'll see him at the party later."

After being unceremoniously dragged out of the house by her friends, She spent the morning shopping on the Champs Elysées. They'd had lunch in the Eiffel tower and we're now getting manicures and pedicures for the Halloween themed birthday party.

"And he claims to be the guy you've been talking to for so long." Freya, a blonde Irish girl, deadpanned.

"Not claimed. He is. I checked it all up and everything, all our conversations and quizzed him on the secrets I told him. I can't believe he's actually... Like..."

"Is he big?"

"Jennifer you have a boyfriend." Ju snapped at the black girl with purple braids.

"What, Maxim doesn't mind. He knows he's the only one who gets to play with my flower. Ain't that right babe?"

"I sure hope so Jen." He replied jokingly. "Does he have any tattoos."

"Well..." Beth mumbled, sharing a look with Ju.

"I don't like that look." Sebastian, their friend who worked at the nail parlor, said from behind his mask.

"At first, I thought he didn't have any tats, with his skin being all clear and shit... But this morning when he got all up in my face, I noticed he had a tiny surynge tattoo behind his ear at the border of his hairline. Like he was trying to hide it. When I told Ju, She said she noticed a scull and crossbones tat behind his other ear. Like he's trying to hide them."

"Oohh edgy." Freya whispered. "What do you think they mean."

"No clue."

There was a long moment of silence as Beth's thoughts travelled back to the morning and the tension between her and Chris.

"So are you all coming to the Gala this year?" Beth asked.

"Well duh." Sebastian said. "It's the only time of year I get to wear outfits that cost more than my paycheck."

"Is Alejandro coming?" Freya asked.

Ju scrunched up her nose. "Obviously he has to come, it's about business, and he's going to be CEO of his family company one day."

"That motherfucker better not try shit." Jennifer mumbled. "I swear if I even see him within three metres of you, I'll shove his balls up his arse."

"Well we're off then." Maxim suddenly announced, pulling Jennifer up from her seat.

"What were are you going."

"To the toilet to passionately shag my girlfriend."

"I swear those two are so weird together." Sebastian mumbled. "And random."

"Do you reckon you'll get passionately shagged by Christoph, while he's still around. You're clearly falling for him already."

"Will it even matter?" Beth sighed. "Honestly, after what happened with Alex, I don't know if I could ever be intimate with another guy. Not with the trust issues I have now."

"Besides," Ju piped in. "Auntie Efi doesn't know you're still a virgin."

"You're mum still doesn't know?! Hasn't she done an examination on you though?"

"Well my hyman is broken, but I haven't actually had sex so...."

"God I hate Alex so much." Ju pouted. "I hope Christoph is different."