Bonus-27

The evenings were getting brighter with each passing day. It was always an interesting transition from season to season. Approximately three months for each one.

Three months of terribly sad and cold weather. With the minimum hours of sunlight during the day. You'd look forward to going home early, to lounge around in your overheated home.

Then gradually, things start to warm up. So slowly, hardly anyone notices. The days get longer and warmer. People slowly start to looses layers and it's suddenly summer.

That was were they were headed now. Almost half way through the presidential elections the following five months would be some of the hardest for some parties. It was when the started to get eliminated from the race, or forgotten.

This was why Ama and Graham had arranged this dinner, they both needed to focus on their campaign. Though they'd done well to draw people's attention, they needed to encourage them to act as well.

But as Graham pulled up at his apartment block, he wasn't sure if his snoozing partner was completely on board.

"Ama," He said softly, gently nudging her awake. "Wake up baby, we're here."

"Baby!?" She croaked, giving him a sleepy half smile. "Who are you calling baby? And this is not a restaurant."

"No, this is where I live. I'm cooking dinner." He said, coming round the car to open Ama's door.

"AUH!! He can cook too, you must be my dream man." Ama giggled, wobbling into his arms.

"That is what I hope to be." Graham said before pressing a kiss on her forehead.

She rolled her eyes, detaching herself from and sashaying to the entrance. Graham followed closely.

"Good evening Mel?"

"Evening Sir, Ma'am."

"Mel? As in your personal assistant Mel?" Ama asked, creasing her eyebrows.

"That's me." Mel smiled sweetly.

"I thought you'd fired her." She whispered not so quietly to Graham.

He laughed. "No, I just moved her position. I was there when she called you that first time. And I heard everything..."

"Why you little..." She laughed, playfully smacking his arm. "But why did you move her then?"

That's when Mel stood from her desk, revealing the very visible baby bump.

"You're expecting!! Oh my, congratulations." Ama swooned, going round the desk to give Mel a hug.

"Thank you."

"Do you know the gender?" Mel shook her head.

Graham did, and he had the honour of revealing it at the baby shower he'd offered to throw for her. As inconvenient as it was, it brought a smile to his face that Mel was starting a family of her own. He couldn't wait to see the little girl crawling around in Mel's office once she got back to work.

"Oh Mel, did I tell you Veronica is pregnant." He said, interrupting their conversation.

"She is!?"

"Who's Veronica?"

"My sister." Graham thanked Mel and made his way up to his apartment.

"Well isn't that good for you, you'll be an uncle."

"For me, yes. But unless her husband gets better, it won't be for her."

"Why, is he ill?"

"Yeah, with the Kolnox virus."