30

Today was the day. A very important day. That's what maman told me. I have to be on my best behaviour, if I mess up, master will have to spank me.

Maman and master have been teaching me to curtsey properly. Master was hard on me, but maman was even harder. She knows if I make a mistake I will be published.

She hates when that happens. She has to watch me get spanked, sometimes with a hot belt. But I'm used to the bad feeling on my bottom. I stopped crying a long time ago.

"Lukama, the prince can't see you even loose your balance, so don't let your mind wonder."

I nod to maman as I go back to the end of the garden and try again.

Not many of the other girls here get to meet the crowned prince. Master said it was because I was chosen be the king to marry him.

When I asked why it was me, master said it was because I was a Lioness. Master said, when I'm old enough, the prince will be my new master.

Suddenly my feet were no longer under me and I fell flat on my face.

"Remember Lukama, the prince has also been trained. He will be wearing a mask to distract you and will stop at nothing to put you off. Again." Maman said lifting me of the ground to start again.

Maman said that the prince is ten years older than me, but he is still a child. I didn't understand that. I am five and ten is two fives. So the prince must be...

"Lukama!!" Master boomed as he entered the garden. "It is time. Efi, make sure she is dressed and washed. Be at the throne room in 30 minutes."

Maman nodded to master and quickly rushed me to the wash room. She scrubbed me until I was stinging. She plaited my hair and put my dress on.

When we got to the throne room, the king queen and prince where already there. Like maman said, the prince wore a mask and held a staff in his hand.

Maman and master stood at the side of the room, watching on.

The prince stood and I knew that I had to start the long royal curtsey. I put my hands up and bowed, moving my right foot to the left and bending until my forehead touched the ground.

This was the hard but. I had to get all the way back up with using my hands or falling over. Luckily I managed just fine.

I could sense maman's pride as I went through the following 9 more curtseys. At number 9 I felt me legs growing weak, but I pushed through and nodded my head left then right.

As I moved to do the tenth and final curtsey, my toe hooked into a crack in the floor. I tried to pull it out but ended up falling to my knees.

Hurriedly I pulled it out and did the final curtsey. I could feel everyone's eyes on me as the price stepped forward.

"Father?" He said.

"You know what to do son."

All I saw was the raised head of the Prince's gold staff before everything went black...

"What?" Ama said, giving both of them a confused look.

"I have confirmation too." Bulldog said, handing Phoebe a drive. "During the meal, she asked for my number, of which I did not give her. Instead, I downloaded a hidden recording app. I just managed to tap into one of her oh so private calls with a business partner."

Quickly, Phoebe plugged the drive into her laptop, and played the recording.

Indeed, it was the voice of Hannah and the undeniable voice of Eric. He was giving her orders and... Were they flirting?!

"No. No no no no turn it off. TURN IT OFF." Ama rushed out.

She couldn't believe it. But it made so much sense.

"Ama... Ama are you ok." Phoebe said urgently.

But Ama couldn't hear her. That voice. It had bought back memories, not just from when she was sixteen, but all the way to her very early childhood.

Her breathing started to quicken and her head was clouding over.

"I think she's going to lose it..." Someone said.

Suddenly it was hot, and Ama's  clothes felt like they would strangle her. Hot tears ran down her face as she left the bathroom, ripping her clothes off and locking the door in the process.

She looked at her exposed skin. All the make-up had worn off leaving her scars for the world to see.

A bashee like scream escaped her lips as she started to claw at her arms. She hated them. Each and every scar on her body. It was all because of her. Because of them.

She cought a glimpse of herself in the bathroom mirror. Her tears and hands had washed the last of her concealer and she could now see the tiara like branding on her forehead.

She had that crazy look in her eyes, like she was loosing her mind.

"AMA!!! AMA OPEN THE GODDAMN DOOR BEFORE I BREAK IT DOWN" Bulldog roared from the other side.

"GO AWAY!!" Ama screeched. "GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME!!! ALL OF YOU GO AWAY!! GO AWAY!! GO AWAY!! IF YOU DON'T, I'LL DO IT."

"DO WHAT AMA?! UNLOCK THE DOOR BEFORE YOU HURT YOURSELF!" There was low murmuring before the bangs became more urgent. "LUKAMA JENKINS YOU BETTER NOT CUT YOURSELF! AND THERE BETTER NOT BE WATER IN THAT DAMN TUB!!!!"

"I SAID GET THE FUCK AWAY!" She screamed back, watching in fear as she saw the door hinges weakening.

She had to do something, they couldn't see her like this. She noticed the full length mirror opposite the door.

She looked over her naked body, covered head to toe in scars, many of which were made by herself. She looked into her eyes, seeing her whole life in them.

It had no meaning, and she wished she didn't have to live it.

Screeching at the top of her lungs, she sent punch upon punch into the glass, not caring about the shades cutting her knuckles.

The door finally opened just as she used the last of her strength to headbutt the brocken glass.