54

"HEYA!!" Ama cried as she flung Bulldog over her shoulder and onto the mat. The room was in complete awe of her skills, she'd been the talk of town for the past three weeks. 

It filled Graham with pride when he watched her teaching the citizens self defence. She was patient with them and considered their age and size. In the workshops, she'd always make sure that everyone was okay. If anyone felt uncomfortable, or distressed, she'd take them aside and stay with them until they felt better.

Being in this environment had bought out a rarely seen side of Ama, one that she only showed to those close to her. She was tentative, loving, and very caring. Her kindness had no boundaries here, she was sweet to everyone, even when they got on her nerves.

"Your girl sure knows how to hold her own in a fight." One of the troops said to him. Benjamin, a short, tan, blond with a rugged face.

"You have no idea." Graham chuckled in return.

She dismissed the class after the demonstration before turning to make sure Bulldog was okay. When she was given the clear, she all but sprinted into Graham's arms.

"I missed you!" She cried, gripping his bare torso in a vice like hug.

"I missed you too. And all that TLC."

She scoffed. "You got plenty of my TLC when I cooked you dinner on Tuesday. And then you disappeared for the rest of the week."

"I know, but I have to be up super early if we want to reach the target." Graham said, cupping her face. "But I'm going to make it up to you. How about a date by the lake?"

She neamed up at him. "Oh yes please. The kitchens are making muffins today. And I do have a packet of sun dried mangoes I'm willing to share."

"You also have a sexy salmon coloured bikini in the bottom of your suitcase." Graham started innocently. Her hazel eyes formed into slits.

"Stop going through my stuff."

"Stop taking my shirts."

"Touché."

Graham rolled his eyes. "Go get ready, I'll pick you up in 20."

"Kiss me!" She called, not letting him go. He shook his head. "But you havn't kissed me all week!"

"Sure I have, you're just never awake to notice."

A deep blush ran up Ama's neck and burst onto her face.

"Ugh, fine." She huffed, going of to get changed.

"And take off those contacts!" He called after her.

She flipped him off as she rounded the corner. He chuckled shaking his head.

"Y'all are cute." Benjamin chuckled.

"I guess." Graham shrugged in return. "Anyway, the excavator will be on the south site in a half hour to make the allotments for the Cherrywood neighborhood. You know what to do from there. Now, I'll be off to pick up my picnic."

"Sure thing boss. You go get her."
Graham jogged down to the kitchens where he was met by Yolanda with his lunch.

"Just as you ordered sir. Wine chilled and everything."

"Thank you. Umm has John..."

"Everything I set up. The Jeep is in the garages."

"Thank you so much." He said again, leaving with the picnic.

This date was important to him, it was a way of telling Ama he loved her without saying the words. It still want the right time for that, he wants to wait till this whole thing was over, and make the moment special.