37

Ama hated the feeling of uselessness, even when she was being lazy, she still needed something to occupy her mind.

But it was her birthday and she'd been locked up in the spar and forbidden to even walk to the buffet for breakfast.

"A call for you Miss Jenkins." Called one of the over smiley hotel staff as she came into the room with a tablet.

Ama removed the cucumber from her eyes as she tapped the answer button and held it with her free hand.

"Bon aniversiere ma Cherie." Came her father's gruff voice.

"Merci beaucoup Papa. Ça va?"

"Très bien merci."

"Ama." Her mother announced, emphasizing each syllable. "You and your French oh."

This caused Marcus to roll his eyes since the pair of them conversed mostly in French.

"It's nice to see you too maman."

"Happy birthday my dear."

"Thanks."

"We are sorry we can't be there. The doctor said that your father is in the clear, but he is still not allowed to travel for six months."

Ama felt her heart sink. She wished so desperately that her father would recover from the virus, it had held him grounded for almost 2 years.

"I still don't see why I couldn't visit her then." Came the disappointed voice of her sister, Bethany.

"You're too young Beth, and who would you go with." Efi quizzed.

"Granny."

"I cannot travel Beth, you know that. Bon aniversiere Lukama. May the angel's and saints protect you throughout."

"Amen Grandma. How are you."

The woman smiled softly making her laughter lines more definite. "I am very well thank you."

Suddenly, the screen shook and the image of her family was replaced by the face of her sister.

"Bethany!" They cried.

"I'll bring it back don't worry."

Ama chuckled, she'd always been quite impacient.

"I don't see what you should be laughing about. First you stay in the Empire longer than usual. Second you take me out of school cuz your crazy ex is apparently still alive. And worst of all, you then proceed to get a boyfriend without my knowledge. To think we were sister's Ama. How could you!?"

"I'm not dating him."

"But you're screwing right."

"Who told you that?"

"Ur... Richie of course."

Ama rolled her eyes, he probably told her all the itty bitty details too. "Anyway, how's life been for you?"

"Oh my god! You would not believe the shit going down in St. T's. For starters, Alya finally came out about her sexuality and is now dating Francisca Chang. Haley has apparently been whoring around with the boys from St. Benedict's and got knocked up. Not to mention Jude from St. Benedict's getting suspended for try to handshake the Queen on our trip to Buckingham palace.

"Yohan and Donna broke up... Again. Liz and Josh are still engaged and Mrs Richardson is pregnant for the forth time, I swear. Gabby said Grace got food poisoning from undercooked chicken, as well as her pussy possy."

"And you? How have you been."

"I'm cool I guess." She huffed, looking far from it.

"So... You and Alex..."