48

"How come you don't have an accent?" Graham asked.

Ama cocked her head up to him and smiled. "Why?"

"Because... I dunno." He returned with a shrug keeping his eyes on the road. "You were pretty much born and raised French right?"

It had been two weeks since they'd officially started dating... In secret. They knew everyone wanted a reveal or announcement, but they chose to keep it on the low.

Currently, they were off to attend Mel's baby shower as 'friends', which got everyone suspicious when they ended up wear similar outfits.

"I learned to manipulate it when I went to England. I still can't pronounce some words correctly so I just use the synonyms, if they have any."

"Huh." Graham chuckled. "Well feel free to mispronounce anything you like around me."

"How many languages can you speak?" Ama asked in return.

"I can understand French Spanish and Italian, but I can't speak them very well. My mother blames the fact that we weren't surrounded by enough of our extended family, but she still made no move to get in touch with them. Something about a family feud."

That made Ama think of her family. It was pretty- no, extremely big. From her mother's side alone the were over 50 members, not to mention the in-laws. Then there were a few of the programme kids who'd been semi adopt into Ama's direct family. Mataio, who worked as the estate landscaper now. And Beth's closest friends Ju. But she was an actual ophan.

Then there were Ama and Richie's friends who were all basically family anyway. Because of this, they each bought their own baggage from their individual family, but somehow, they all managed to live peacefully.

They finally reached the venue and Graham parked the car close to the entrance.

"You ready?"

Ama nodded, grabbing the gifts and walking in.

The baby shower was a blast, full of bubbly guests and dozens of presents. Mel sat at the head table in a bright green sundress, rubbing her bulging belly as her husband fed her eclairs.

Fabian, just so happened to be in the air force and one of Graham's school mates. A lanky man with white blonde hair and a five star Hollywood smile.

"Now is the baby going to be extremely red like Mel or extremely white like Fabian?" Ama asked at one point, making Graham laugh.

"We always used to joke about that when they started dating. It's real cute how they've stayed together so long."

"How come I haven't met any of your friends?" Ama asked curiously.

She noticed him go a little tense, but relaxed when she slipped her arm around his.

"I sort of but them off after Eva died. Then they all moved states. Except Mel, Fabian and a few people I know from college."

They were silent for a while as the cogs turned in Ama's brain, putting a worried expression on her face.

"Come on worry wart. It's time to reveal the baby's gender."

It was a beautiful presentation. Graham had come with a massive egg shaped gift containing a stuffed animal. The child's gender depended on the animal that the parents had chosen: a tiger for a girl, a polar bear for a boy.

Both parents were overjoyed when a huge stuffed tiger kept from the final layer of wrapping paper.

"That was so beautiful." Ama gushed as they drove back to Ama's house.

"It was quite touching. But it also means I'll be an uncle in a matter of weeks."

"You scared?" Ama taunted.

"You don't understand Ama. This is the beginning of Armageddon. It's going to erupt into a massive baby boom. Some of my staff have kids and I honestly don't know where they get their energy from."

Ama chuckled. "Don't be silly, my friend Ashleigh as a 2 year old and a six month old. They're absolutely adorable."

"They still kept their parents awake at night." Graham shrugged.

"You keep me awake at night." Ama pouted.

"Now who was keeping who up?"

Ama rolled her eyes as they pulled into the drive. She slipped out of the car and plucked off her heels, bringing her face to chest with Graham.

"I took the liberty to talk to Fabian, about our situation. He's quite an influential figure in the army, and said he could get some troops to tail us as the campaign contained, and when we go to the Salt Lake Slums. You know, the threat of the military may deter the Migosa."

Ama could not believe here ears. It was a risky move campaign wise, but the fact that he was willing to put that aside to protect her was so heart warming.

"God, I don't deserve you." Ama muttered as a tear pricked her eye.

"Don't say that!"

"But it's true! You're so good to me. I wish I could be good for you."

"All you have to do for me is be you. I don't need anything more." Graham said before kissing her deeply.

"Today was fun." Ama grinned.

"Well of course it was, with me to brighten the occasion."

Ama rolled her eyes, but couldn't help the giggle that escaped.

"Oh! I have a show for my new collection on Friday, at the Plaza Hotel. You're welcome to come."

Graham frowned. "I wish I could, but I have an important conference with some Korean investors about a project with Hyundai. They want to put some of my applications in one of their new models."

Ama's eyebrows shot up. That was a big ask.

"It's ok, as long as you stay for dinner." She said, pulling him into a kiss.

"I don't know how much longer I can control myself around you." Graham muttered, letting her know what he meant.

"It has your idea."

"I know, and I'm hating it." His eyes burned with longing and desire.

"Called it!" Donny cried from the balcony above. "They are so together no. Where's my 250!"

"No fair!" Phoebe whined in return.

"Shouldn't have played with your money. Now pay up bitch, 250 ED cash."
"You guys were betting." Ama snorted.

"Yup." Donny grinned in return. "And Phoebe was stupid enough to use actual money."

"You friends are crazy." Graham muttered.

Ama shook her head in response, that was too true.

"Come on, I'm making chilli tonight."

"And I'm having chilli tonight." He responded with a wink.

Alright Imma make this shit quick.

I know this chapter is not well written, I apologize, it's also boring but it had to be done.

Also check out my new book
"The Perpetual Association of Mafia Wives"

Sorry that this update is super late.

Bo Xxx