72

Christmas was fast approaching. The 25th was but a week away, New years was in two, quickly  followed  by Vincent's inauguration. Everyone was busy again, shopping for gifts.

Graham on the other hand, had other plans. He navigated his way through the hallways of the palace like mansion looking for Ama's father. He'd finally gathered enough courage to ask for her hand in marriage.

He'd already told Efi, who had responded with a tearful approval. She was pleasantly surprised by the mere thought that he saw a future with Ama.

Finally, he made it to the big Oak door of Marcus's study, by he paused before he knocked. What was he going to say. It was already common knowledge that he was deeply in love with Ama. But marriage was a big leap.

He wasn't jumping into the decision, he'd thought about it for a long time. But what if he wasn't ready to be a husband? What if Ama wasn't ready to get married yet?

"Graham?"

He turned around to see Marcus in his work suite briefcase in hand.

"Were you looking for me?"

"Yes I was. I need to discuss something with you."

"Is it about my daughter?"

Graham nodded.

"Well we best do it inside then. Though it must be quick, I'll be in the south all weekend for business."

They made their way inside and shut the door behind them. There was no going back now.

"I'd like to marry Ama." Graham blurted out.
The room went deathly silent, Marcus had stopped halfway to his desk, somehow in shock.

With a deep breath Graham continued. "I've, actually been thinking about it far a while now. I fell in love with Ama very quickly, too quickly. And that cost me a lot when I found out about her past. I thought that maybe it wasn't the best idea for me to love her. But the more I spent time with her, my love for her grew.

"She's strong willed, independent, kind, caring and so much more. She is everything to me and I don't know if I could live without her. She's the love of my life, and I'd love for her to be my wife."

Marcus finally turned round to face Graham, a smile on his face.

"You know. I first met Ama when she was still a baby. She was one. Her mother had managed to sneak her out. To me, she has always been my daughter. I've seen her grow into the woman she is today, she's been through hell.

"To he honest, Efi and I were wondering if she'd ever find someone in the future, since she usually messed around with the boys she knows and drowned herself in work." Marcus laughed. "Efi was furious when Ama called to say she was staying in the Empire, I'll admit I was nervous. But I'm glad she did. Now she has a man who loves her, a man that is more than worthy of her love."

"You've accepting Ama wholly. So we Accept you. You don't need to ask for her hand from mep, we're in the 22nd century, but I respect your consideration. Welcome to the family Graham."

Graham grinned. "Thank you so much!"

"Don't mention it. You know what, get ready, I know I great ring shop where we're heading. Know what my daughter is like, it has to be perfect."

"Dekota stop it!" Beth huffed, trying to negotiate with large grey poodle. "Mamie, aide moi s'il vous plaît."

"Très bien Dekota. Qui est une bonne fille." Lanette cooed, praising her prised poodle as she ripped through one of Beth's music books.