24

"And we are live in 5, 4, 3..." The director mimed the last two numbers before the lights blazed over the presenter.

"Hello and welcome to the third televised debate of this years presidential elections." The smiley woman said to the camera. "Now today we are joined by four parties. Vincent Banks of the Unity party, Patricia Jones of the Democratic Republic party, Wilber Kent of the Conservative party, and Amber Lint of the Juventud party."

The live audience erupted I cheers as each of their party leaders was announced. Cynthia-May screeched at the top of her lungs along with Frank and Chris hooting wildly beside her.

"This isn't a bar fight Francis, keep it down." Phoebe hissed over to Frank.

"Oh I'm so sorry Agatha." He gasped, feigning fear.

"Don't call me that."

"Of course, my bad Agatha."

Ama could feel Graham's body vibrate in amusement at their cheeky exchange, and she giggles also. It seemed Frank had discovered Phoebe's distaste my to her first name.

"They are quite a couple don't you think, Howard." She whispered into his ear.

Graham stiffened. "Don't." He said with a stern tone. But Ama could see the slight rise of his lips.

"Now the topics of todays debate will be: The housing crisis, International trade, Education, and Support of the elderly."

Ama almost wanted to burst out laughing. This would be interesting, especially for Lint, seeing as her party focused on the youth of the country.

"We've got this debate in the bag." Graham scoffed beside her.

"Don't choke on your pride just yet. Remember the people are voting on this debate and a of them will be biased. Even if the opposing parties did appeal to what they wanted or their own party mad any sort of mistake, they will vote for them anyway."

"You make a good point Ama, there is no denying that voters will be biased, and Politicians will also be corrupt. But I have faith in my father and the Unity party." Graham said.

The resolve in his tone made Ama, heart do something in her chest. Ever since that afternoon they spent together, she'd been getting strange feelings around Graham. He's just a very attractive man, anyone would feel like this around him she tried to tell herself.

Almost as if he read her mind, Graham slipped his hand over her thigh and gave it a squeeze. It took all the might in her not to guide his hand further up her body.

"Don't worry Ama, even if we don't win, our followers are constantly growing." He said, smiling but with his eyes on the stage.

"And that concludes this debate with the Unity party coming in joint first place with the Conservative party." The presenter announced to the live crowd and all those watching from home.

Graham sat looking smug as he turned to Ama.

"What did I tell you, we had this debate in the bag. You didn't have faith in my father's debating skills."

"No," She replied. "I just said that people would vote biasly, which the did. Hence why we came joint first."

The two stared each other down, Ama daring Graham to argue, and Graham considering if it was wise to.

"Must you always have the last word?" He asked shaking his head.

Ama shrugged but said nothing, getting up and weaving her way towards Vincent.

"Ama!" He called upon her approach.

"What did you think of my performance?"

"You might as well have come second place, but at least it wasn't last." She replied with a nonchalant tone.