39

The day had finally come. After all these years, after all we've been through, the day was finally here.

I start my walk down the isle, my step father at my side, a warm encouraging smile on his features. I see all my friends and family have filled up the church pews, everyone looks happy. Happy for us.

And there he is, the man of my dreams. The love of my life. I never thought it was possible for me. But here I am.

Suddenly, there was a loud bang and a lot of screaming, everyone started to leave. My dress, my beautiful white dress, starts to turn red with blood. My bouquet of white tulips and roses, are drenched in thick blood. The pettles fall away until I'm no longer holding a bouquet, but a gun.

I scream, I try to throw it away, try to run, but I can't even move.

"Murderer!" I look up to see him, his face full of horror.

I look down to see a dead body, with the gun aimed at it.

"Murderer!" He cries again. "I can never love a murderer!"

"No!" I sobbed. "Don't hate me, please."

"You're a murderer and need to be put behind bars." He boomed, and suddenly I was caged by thick metal bars.

Slowly, he started to make his way down the isle until he was stood in front of me.

"Please don't do this. You don't understand. She needed to die, they all need to die. I'm good, I'm a good person. Please don't hate me for this. I... I... I love you. With all my heart and soul, I love you..." I begged, trying to reach for him.

He made no effort to take my hand, instead, brought his face closer to mine, almost close enough to kiss me. "I. Hate. You."

The words were like a dagger through my heart. I couldn't feel, couldn't breathe, couldn't move. He was walking away, he was leaving me here.

"No. NO DON'T GO. YOU CAN'T GO YOU CAN'T LEAVE ME HERE. I LOVE YOU! I LOVE YOUUUUUU!!!"....

Ama shot up from her sleep, breathing heavily and clutching onto her sheets. She was shaking violently and could hear the violent beats of her heart in her ears.

"It was a dream." She whispered. "It was just a dream."

She shakily tumbled out of bed and trodded to the bathroom. It could only have been two in the morning, judging by how dark it was. She splashed cold water on her face to cool her burning skin.

There was no way Ama was going to be able to sleep in her room again, and she didn't want to spend another night on the sofa. There was only one thing for it.

Had she been younger and was with her parents, she would grab the massive stuffed unicorn Marcus bought her the first time they met, and she'd crawl into bed with them and Bethany.

But she was 'too old' for that and her parents were in France. So Ama made her way, Cubecky the unicorn under her arm, to her brothers room. She hesitated a little before opening the door.

Richie was sprawled across his bed, snoring softly, the sheets dangerously low. There wasn't anything about Richie that Ama hadn't seen before, and as handsome as her brother was, that's all she saw him as. Her tall, loud mouthed older brother, though the was childish at times.

He started to stir blinking as he turned to face the door. He closed his eyes once more before they shot back open.

"Ahhh!" He cried out. This caused Ama to let out a surprised yelp at his reaction.