60

"I feel bad."

"Don't be stupid son, your mother and I will be far too busy to have you three around. Besides, you need the holiday."

Vincent and Graham stood on the dock, side by side, allowing the wind to ruffle their hair. It had been a week since Vincent won the elections, Veronica's had already gone home to Greece and Graham was faced with quite a daunting task. Meeting Ama's family.

"I'm nervous." He admitted. "What if they don't like me."

"You haven't even boarded the ship yet, let alone crossed the Atlantic Ocean." Vincent replied, looking at his son with consern. "You really must lover her if you're this worried."

"I do dad, I really do. She means so much to me, I can't bare to think of my life without her. I know that even if her parents don't approve, she will still continue to be with me, but I I don't want to come between her and her family." He let out an exasperated sigh. "I think... I think I'm ready to tell her the truth. On the cruise, I'll tell her that I love her."

A silence sat upon them, neither man saying a word, which seemed to make Graham uncomfortable as he ran his hands through his hair.

"Well it's about damn time." Came Cynthia-May's voice. "I was staring to think I'd have to tell her myself."

"Gee, thanks ma." Graham replied sarcastically.

"I'm warning you son. If you don't do it, I will."

Just as she said it, Ama came strutting down the dock with Donny trailing behind pushing a cart of floral luggage.

"Let's go." She called, fishing the boarding passes from her backpack. She wore yellow canvas shoes, gray straight jeans, rolled up at the ankles and an oversized baby blue hoodie. Her huge mass of hair was contained in a balloon like bun ontop of her head.

"Is all of that yours?" Graham asked, looking skeptically at the luggage.

"Yes."

"So much stuff for such a small person." He teased, digging his fingers into her bun. She responded with a shrug and swatted his hand away.

"I'm not that small."

Donny scoffed. "You're like 5'4."

"Whatever." Ama replied then turned to Vincent. "Thank you so much, for everything."

"And thank you Ama." He returned with a smile.

They quickly said their goodbyes before rushing off to join the others on board.

"I think I might be a grandmother again by the time they come back." Cynthia-May thought out loud.

"Oh really?" Vincent chided. "You think our son is going to be a father that fast."

"Maybe. For all we know. Ama could already be pregnant."

Evening had fell upon the ship as it sailed across the calm, pitch black sea. The sky was clear too, and the a dusting of stars shone down on then. Ama was at peace, finally she was far away from the world, far away from trouble. Even if it was only for a week, she was greatful for it.

She looked up at the man beside her, the love of her life. Finally, she had the chance to tell him how she felt, finally she was ready. He turned his head to face her and smiled. How could she have got so lucky. But just as she was about to lean in for a kiss, a voice stopped them.

"Graham, is that you?"

They both turned around to see a woman gaping blatantly at Graham. She was tall, possibly 5'7 or 5'8, had a head of thick pale blonde hair and grey eyes. She wore a loose fitting wrap dress and ballet flats, she had an athletic figure, so Ama guessed that was what she did.

"Cadence?" Graham replied.

The woman grinned widely and ran into Graham, pushing Ama aside to embrace him closely. When she pulled away, she looked up at him and cupped his face tenderly.

"It's been years Gray, where have you been?" She said softly, still stroking his cheek.

Graham subtly tried to push her away, but she still stayed close to him. "Where I've always been Cadence, at home and at work."
"Oh." Was her only reply.

Ama sneezed, bringing their attention to her.
"Cadence, meet my girlfriend, Ama Jenkins. Ama, this is Cadence North, an old school mate of mine."

The woman didn't move an inch, but smiled sweetly and extended her hand.
"Nice to meet you Ama."

"Likewise Cadence. I think I'll leave you two to catch-up. I'll see you inside honey." Ama had to lean round to give Graham a kiss since the woman wouldn't move.

Graham watched as Ama made her way back inside, she seemed disturbed. He didn't blame her, he himself wasn't to glad at Cadence's appearance. She was a complete pain back in school and seemed to have an idea of them being an item, even when it was clear as day to everyone that he had a girlfriend already. But maybe she'd changed.

"I really should go." Graham said, easing the woman off him.

"But don't you want to catch up. Your girlfriend said we should."

"No, I should reall go, maybe another time." Graham left, not looking back. He took a quick detour to one of the restaurants to make a reservation before going back to his room. When he got there, Ama was braiding her hair for bed, watching the news on the glass television.

*...The United Nations, still in the process of debating what should be done about the hazardous malignant glaciers, say that a solution is not going to be easy to construct with the strongly divided opinions among countries. Their return shortly after the Third World War was a joy to all, but now, people say that the situation is spiralling out of control with glaciers being sighted in almost all the seas and oceans. CNN'S Gabbi Usten reports from Sydney, Australia...*

"How was it." She asked after a while.
Graham shrugged. "I'm not too bothered about reconnecting with old friends."

"Why not."

He shrugged again. " I honestly don't know. Maybe..."

"Maybe what?"

"Many I'm just sacred to reconnect with them."

Ama nodded. "That's understandable, but it never hurt to try."

Graham smiled. "You're so supportive and sweet."

"But I bite." She replied with a seductive wink.

Graham chuckled, stripping down to his boxers and socks before crawling into bed next to Ama. He pulled her up to his chest and looked I to her eyes.

"You don't like her do you." He said lowly, refering to Cadence.

"No. Even if she is an old friend, you are mine and mine alone."

He buried his face in the crook of her neck. "There is no other person in the world I would give my heart to."

Uni really fucking sucks man. Like I have never been so tired in my life. For the people who have already been through it I would love if you drop some tips or advice in the comments cuz my lord I need help.

Also I got a new phone. Idk why I'm tellin you this but yeh.

Y'all are going to love the next chapter, one that I'm sure you've been waiting a very very very long time for.

Alsoooooo

I am publishing the second book as well. So check my profile for "Mama Africa"

But be warned, here is nothing on it, I just need motivated to finish this one. Lol.

Anyway...

Ciao for now

Bo 😘