Mammerjammers // It Must Be Fate

The small apartment is full of life thanks to the bubbly girl. Y/n enjoys herself in the kitchen as she bakes cupcakes. After being depressed for so long, something about Sangwoo made her want to appreciate what she has more and enjoy herself. Perhaps it was the evil in the man. After doing what he had, Sangwoo still seems to live normally. She sighs before regaining her smile, "What's over is over. I should give him the benefit of doubt and accept him as is."

Y/n had gotten dressed and tied up her hair as she went for the friendly girl next door kind of look. Under her batter covered apron was a simple floral dress that complemented her natural curves without being too boisterous. With the radio on and the very late summer breeze coming through the open windows, Y/n lightly sings and dances through her tiny kitchen. Just as she finishes up the last batch of frosting, her phone lets out a long beep.

Excitedly, the refreshed girl turns off the alarm and opens the oven. The scents of all the different flavored cupcakes mingle in her nose. She had definitely made too many, two dozen too many, but all the ingredients were on sale and it was Sangwoo's idea. The broke girl couldn't help herself.

Out of the oven came the lemon, orange, chocolate, and vanilla cupcakes. They were baked to perfection. "Maybe I should have gone to culinary school," she jokes in her native tongue.

As she waits for the cupcakes to cool, Y/n licks a spoonful of icing and unlocks her phone. She first sees the opened texts from Sangwoo, which despite the sweet frosting, leaves a bitter taste in her mouth. He had said not to forget him while he had forgotten her, at first it seemed laughable, but it still hurt. Closing the messaging app, Y/n puts those thoughts away as she revives the lively atmosphere.

Lightly singing along to some BTS song on the radio, she scrolls through her Korean inbox to check the various assignments she must complete. Y/n smiles at an email at she received from her and psychology teacher, Mr. Murphy. She had gotten to know her teacher well because they were both foreign. It's nice to see a someone similar to yourself every now and then.

The english email consisted of him offering help to her if she has any trouble adjusting to life in Korea. She beams down at her phone as she constructs a quick reply.

Thank you so much, Mr. Murphy. Knowing that someone as experienced as you has my back makes me feel very reassured about coming here to South Korea.

Oh, before I forget, I wanted to mention that I have completed the project. It's currently written in English, but I can translate it if that doesn't fly well.

Thanks again for the kind message,
-Y/n L/n

Satisfied with her words, she presses send and continued to scroll through her many unread emails. A lot of them are spam or emails from people she didn't like. She swiped right passed said emails, her stepmother's and Ji Eun's included. Finally, her eager (e/c) eyes landed on something worth value. An email from the university's coach.

They'll be opening the university gym and training facilities on Friday. It's required for those with athletic scholarships to attend. Of course, Y/n doesn't have to go. She's on an academic scholarship, but the option always stands. Either way, this is a good excuse for her to start working out again.

Her timer goes off once again, screaming that the cupcakes have cooled. With great joy, Y/n shuts off the alarm before hopping up from the floor. "Time to ice these mammerjammers!" She exclaims.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"N- No! Sangwoo, I don't want to go!" Bum screams as his 'roommate' drags him out of the car. The frail, but healing boy hastily begins to claw at the buff man's hand. "Please, anywhere but here!" He sobbed. Sangwoo's handsome face twisted with disgust as he whips around to face the boy. Yoonbum's attention gathering noises stops immediately as his flood gates open, releasing countless salty tears.

Bum glances at his love's unforgiving eyes only for his body to tremble and his legs to give out. The man's plain eyes gouged holes into his body. It stabbed him, twisting the knife, yanking it out, plunging it in again. Sangwoo's joker like smile reaching for his ears as it threatens to take hold of Yoonbum. The same taunting smile telling Bum that he doesn't belong. He is a freak. A failure. A creature so horrid, he makes God cry. A creature so disgusting, even the filth he wallows in wishes to abandon him. Yoonbum is a creature that's better off dead.

Sangwoo sighs and scratches his head. Bum has been having anxiety attacks lately, but it's more annoying than anything else. At first Sangwoo was worried, but after the second time he was over it. After the fifth time, Sangwoo finally figured out what the cure was. Him. As long as Bum gets a little sexual attention, he's fine. Sangwoo lets out a low grumble as he opens the car door. He throws the broken boy into the backseat of the inconspicuous car as he chuckles, "Am I his crack or something?"

"S- Sangwoo?" A familiar voice brings his attention back to his surroundings. Amid the the crumbling buildings and drug deals of Yoonbum's old neighborhood stood the very vulnerable next victim.

The tall man shuts the door and locks his car as he puts on a smile and walks over to the girl. "Hey babe," Sangwoo cringes at his own words as he reaches Ji Eun's side. The girl is caught up in her crush's sudden appearance to notice the distaste in his voice. "We are matching," she mumbles as she twirls some of her hair. They are both wearing white! How could Ji Eun contain herself? No, of course she could. She is Sangwoo's future wife after all.

The vibrant girl smiles and wraps herself around his strong arms, "What are you doing here?" It is a hideous neighborhood full of disgusting lowlifes that have nothing better to do than devalue the city. Still, she kept her voice neutral to the best of her ability just in case Sangwoo lives here like a diamond lost in a pawn shop.

The man didn't seem vexed by the plush feeling of Ji Eun's boobs against him. They weren't the ones he wanted to feel right now. He casts away the thoughts of tearing the nervous Y/n apart and defiling her body with his touch as an attempt to calm his bulging member. Ji Eun glances down at his pants with a satisfied grin as her 'boyfriend' responds, "Just discovering new things."

It wasn't a lie. At first he wanted to have sex with Yoonbum where his uncle had raped him, but he quickly ruled that out after remembering how disgusting the apartment was. Sangwoo has never had an STD and now was not the time to get one. So, he then decided to just use the dildo on Bum, but of course he went and had an anxiety attack. How pathetic. Since he was already here, why not go through his old stuff again? Maybe he would find something new. Sadly, his plans had yet again been ruined and it was starting to tick the sexy man off. He smiles, "It must be fate that we've bumped into each other. What are you doing here?"

Her face scrunches up as she thinks back to the annoying reason for her traveling out here by herself. "Ugh, remember that bitch from the library? The creepy foreign one with the marked down mismatched clothes?" Sangwoo nods as he looks down at the girl on his arm despite him not really remembering. "Well we were supposed to work on a project together, but I never got her info. So I had my dad do a little digging. It turns out that the dorms were all full so she agreed to live off campus in exchange for a little bit of money to live off of." Ji Eun twirls her hair as she looks up at the disgusting apartment building. "So the bitch lives here... I think it matches her style!"

The memory finally returns to Sangwoo. His victim was speaking of the thing that she was going to slap in the library. He was so annoyed with Ji Eun's attics that he didn't even bother to take a second glance at the person she was going to slap. For the sake of keeping the topic off him, Sangwoo asks "Why are you even working with her?"

Ji Eun frowns, "She is smart." The Korean girl doesn't elaborate. It would pain her too much. She knows how successful Y/n, the girl previously known as (not y/n), really is. How the girl speaks at least three languages fluently, plays at least two instruments, and wins writing completions on the side. Ji Eun has to stop thinking about this girl or she would cry. Besides her looks, it is obvious how much better this girl is than her. Either way, Ji Eun swears on taking her inferiority to the grave. "But you won't believe this," Ji Eun's face grows a slightly disturbing grin as she spills the beans about the other girl.

"She has a child."