Suffer // Every Damn Day

"Suffer."

Sangwoo turns his back on the goblin dangling by its neck. The chair beneath the writhing creature is slick with blood, making it even more difficult for him to support himself on his freshly damaged ankles.

Annoyed and soaked in blood, Sangwoo locks the basement and takes a hot shower. He needs a refresher. This is not how he wanted things to go.

After a long shower, Sangwoo leaves the bathroom with his hair still damp and a towel tied tightly around his waist. He hadn't wanted to go all the way up stairs with blood dripping off of him, but he also doesn't want to freak Y/n out by going in front of her while half naked. She's had enough unwanted interaction for today. It would probably be best if he just slips on something dirty from the laundry before heading up stairs for clean clothes.

With the plan in mind, he strides off to the tiny laundry room. Flicking on the lights, he attempts to find the least soiled item. After a moment, a subtle movement catches Sangwoo's eye. "Y/n?" He curiously walks up to the gap between the wall and washing machine where his girl has folded herself up. "What are you doing here?" he asks softly.

"I heard the water running," she looks away. Sangwoo can't tell if its out of bashfulness or fear. "So, I figured I'd give you some privacy." Y/n squirms under Sangwoo's gaze. He first moves to kiss her, but settles for ruffling her hair and leaving to finish his business upstairs. It'd be a shame not to use the room is beautiful wife cleared just for him.

»»-------------¤-------------««

"You must be hungry, right?" Sangwoo asks, breaking the silence that had settled between them. Y/n had been trailing Sangwoo from a distance like a lost puppy. Maybe she was too afraid to not to have an eye on him, or maybe she really just wanted to be around him. Sangwoo is ready for both sides of the coin. "It's too late for breakfast, how does lunch sound?" Sangwoo looks over his shoulder to the girl and away from the fridge he was searching through.

"I'll cook."

That's disappointing. Had she seen the cleaning products in the washroom and decided to poison him with it? That trick is old. "Don't trust my skills?"

She shakes her head quickly at first, but slows down, eventually letting her head hang from her neck. Is she disappointed? Unenthusiastic? Sangwoo sucks his teeth, why can't he read her?

"I'll go get some ingredients from the store, maybe we can cook together when I get back." He lightly holds and kisses Y/n's forehead. Her fingertips drift up to his side, but they go unnoticed as Sangwoo pulls away too soon.

Waving to his beautiful wife, he leaves the house and quickly hops into his car. He drives to the nearest supermarket, grabs a nice bit of everything, and swoons the employee into applying her special discount on his purchases. He walks out with groceries and a number. Ready to get back to Y/n, he throws the groceries in the car and speeds back home.

As he drives, flashing red and blue lights fill his peripheral vision. "Dammit." He pulls over to the side of the road and waits for the cop to walk over to the rolled down window. Eventually, he does.

"Do you know why I pulled you over?"

Cause you're a dick that has nothing better to do with his life than bully the general population. "No, I don't sir." Sangwoo plasters a small smile to his face. The cop is young with short black hair and an annoyed look on his face.  What? Did he pull the short stick?

"Speeding in a residential area." He sounds like a prerecorded answering machine. How lame. A tickets coming and the cop doesn't seem like he swings that way, or any way. His stiff figure and dull glare, no woman would go for that and he probably has too much pride to do men or prostitutes. This ticket will be hard to get out of.

"Oh, I'm so sorry about that Officer." The mask contorts into one of worry. "My girlfriend has been struggling all today. ...She's in so much pain and discomfort. When she called me in tears,  of course I had to rush over to her." Sangwoo allows his softened voice to trail off. "To think she has to deal with this every month."

The cop wears a somewhat confused expression that is hidden behind indifference. He had been scribbling on a notepad, most likely a ticket. Clarifying the situation for the dumb ass cop, Sangwoo explains. "I just want to get the sanitary products and pain killers to her as soon as possible."

He finally gets it. The cop's lips form an 'O' shape and then he reluctantly backs away form the car. "I'll let you off with a warning then. It won't be so easy next time."

"Thank you, Officer!" Sangwoo fakes a relieved smile before waving and pulling off. He has to get back to his girl.

"I'm back." Sangwoo takes his shoes off at the door and walks into the kitchen where he had left Y/n. The room is bare of life. A little worried, Sangwoo walks around the living room and bathroom, finding it void of dirt and clutter. He checks the kitchen again. The table is spotless. It wasn't exactly dirty before, but it definitely wasn't this clean.

Sangwoo bounds upstairs, straight to his bedroom where his wife must be. He slowly opens the door, slipping inside. She is sleeping. Her figure lays curled up beneath the covers and her lips twitch slightly, begging to meet with Sangwoo's.

"My beautiful Y/n." He kneels by her bed side and strokes her head lovingly. "You're such a good girl. I never imagined you would keep our promise..." His mind wonders back to the heartbreaking moment they shared at the airport. "I've missed you every damn day since you had left me. Thank you, Y/n, for returning to your home in my arms. You truly complete me."