Landline // Only He Could

Y/n busted out of the room. Tears streamed down her face, sobs wracked her body. Her mind was full of confusion, pain, and regret. Her fingers fumble as she dials a number on the landline. Hearing and processing the rings, she clutched the receiver to her head. "Dad," Y/n she cried, her words barely audible through  her stork of emotions. "I want to go home! I can't be here anymore! Please send me back to (homeland)!"

Her father's soothing voice comes through the end. "Y/n what happened? Are you okay?"

Her voice wavers with the rest of her. "Please. I don't belong here anymore."

There is a pause on the other end of the line.

"Okay."

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Where ya going?" Y/n's sister slinks around the corner and slips into her room. Y/n didn't want to be in here. Not after what happened. She ignores her sister and continues to pack her clothes into her bag. "Woah, the cold shoulder? That's a first from you."

She can't look at her. Y/n keeps her hands busy, letting one come up and wipe a tear before continuing to pack. She is almost done. "And crying? Wow! Must be my lucky day."

Y/n's fingers clench, squeezing the life out of the light sweater in her hands. Through gritted teeth she says, "How could you do that?"

The sister laughs and plops down on Y/n's bed where she had done the dirty deed. "I only opened my legs and let him take care of the rest."

A wretched scream rips through Y/n. She's on her feet in seconds. "I didn't say anything about all the other guys. I pretended not to notice. But you knew how I felt! You knew! Why would you hurt me like this?"

"That's exactly why, my sweet little Y/n. To hurt you." She laughs, "Are you really stupid enough to have never noticed?" She stands up to exit the room. "Did they treat you nice yesterday? The one I sent you. It looks like you had a lot of fun." The sister tosses a handful of Polaroid pictures before leaving the room and shutting the door behind herself.

It's the dressing room. Pictures of Y/n and that freak. The one that injected her with that weird stuff and shoved her up against the wall. Only, there are images of things she doesn't remember.  Some are of her getting articles of clothing removed. Of that person touching different parts of her. Tears splatter onto the snapshots of her lost memory. She can't look anymore. She just wants to hide in a hole and never come out.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Y/n wheels her luggage behind her. She finally gets to leave. Her last bits of happiness had been obliterated and the country has been drowned in sorrow. She can't stay here anymore. There is no reason to. The young girl walks away from the bag check with a gloomy aura. She is on autopilot. She has no impact on the world around her and it has no impact on her.

"Y/n!" She tenses at the shout of the familiar voice. "Y/n, hey!" She tries to speed up, to get away from him as fast as she can. Why am I running? I didn't do anything wrong? Her throat closes up and a lump forms. She holds back the river of tears with the strongest dam she can conjure.

Only he could ever hurt me like this.

Those warm loving arms wrap around her, freezing her to the spot. "Y/n, what's wrong? Where are you going?" His eyes widen in surprise once he takes in Y/n's current state. Her cheeks are hollow, her skin is more pale than usual, her eyes are red and large black bags sag beneath her lidded and dead eyes.

He pulls her out of his hug and holds both her hands tightly. "What happened?" He inquires with his softened voice. His dark swirling eyes offer refuge and escape. She finds herself being lured in.

"No." Y/n snaps herself away from him. "I can't do this with you anymore." She wipes her eyes and begins to walk away. She has to leave. She's been hurt too many times.

"Y/n!" He chases after her, easily catching her again. He drags her body into his possessive warm embrace. Immediately she knows fighting against him would be worse than fighting against herself; it's no use. "Y/n, what's wrong? Why won't you look at me?"

Her gaze remains glued to the floor. His toned muscles shelter her. But it's too late, she has to leave. "I can't be with you anymore, not now." Y/n forces open the gates and releases herself from his grasp. Her pain is reflected on to him.

"Come back to me." His whispers embed themselves into her soul. "Come back to me Y/n." He lifts his smallest finger, his whole being shakes with heartbreak and desperation.

Only he could ever love me like this.

Her heart spoke before her mind could. "I will." Tears stream down her face and over the edges of her smiling lips. "I swear, I will."

Sangwoo pulls her into his arms a final time. "Y/n." He tilts her head lightly and meets her trembling lips with his own.

"I love you, always."