Bullshit Magic Talk // Please Let Me In

Sangwoo plays with the black studs in his ear as he pretends to think about his answer to the trifling old man's question. Music pumps in the background covering some of the guy's bullshit magic talk and the dim lighting makes it easier to ignore his terribly aging face. "Was this your card?"

He holds up the queen of hearts between his two fingers. "Whoah, it is! How did you do that?" Sangwoo's card was the seven of clubs. What a fucking drag. The old man leans forward and blows his hot breath into Sangwoo's face.

"A magician never reveals his secrets."

Repulsing.

Sangwoo emits a sugar laced chuckle and leans one elbow on the bar counter while forcing his reluctant hand to drop onto the man's thigh. "Well, I have a few tricks I'd like to show you too."

»»-------------¤-------------««

Sangwoo: Baby, are you awake?

You have to come over

Y/n: Why, did something happen?

JoJo left his bag here. I forgot that I put it in the washer. He said some kid at school spilled juice all over it

You're not just going to let me go after I pick up the bag, are you?

Smart girl.

How long should I plan on staying?

All night.

You know I can't do that.

Just a few hours then, I can drop you off at your place after.

But you can't just drop the bag off.

Can I come in my pajamas? I was about to go to bed.

Come nude if you'd like ;)

You're so energetic at two in the morning.

I'll see you when I get there, and you're paying me back for this taxi ride

I love you too~

...

I love you

Y/n sits in the back of the taxi, her fingers flying across her keyboard. She had been working ever since she left Sangwoo's house, only taking a break to heat up leftovers for JoJo, make sure he bathed and to put him to bed. One of the managers accidentally lost all of the translated files and the deadline still stands.

This is exactly why Y/n always stays organized. If she misses work or makes a mistake, she has to spend double the amount of time fixing it. Not only that but her health deteriorates and she doesn't give JoJo the attention he deserves. And now she has a boyfriend to worry about.

But, this isn't like Sangwoo. Something really bad must have happened if he is calling her out so late at night. Not even counting how he was flirting. It didn't feel meaningful. It didn't make her heart race. Maybe that's the fault of the sudden stress weighing her down.

But, Y/n isn't just going for him. The one thing she wished she had access to all those years and the one thing she can finally reach now, that's the reason she is going. It's selfish. But Y/n just needs Sangwoo to pull her tight and tell her that everything's going to be okay. He'll make her believe that everything will be okay. Sangwoo is her zen in a world of chaos.

"Miss, you're here." The taxi driver announces as he pulls up to some random house near Sangwoo's. Y/n has never liked giving the exact address when she travels at night. Some times it was because she could only afford a portion of the ride, and other times was because she simply didn't want a stranger to know where a lone woman would be residing so late at night. Of course, all the drivers are probably good people, but it's just a bit of harmless insurance.

Y/n: I'm near by, a block or two away

Sangwoo: I'm sorry maybe you shouldn't come, I made a mistake

I want to come

It doesn't matter if you made a mistake

But I don't want you to hate me

It's impossible for me to hate you

I'm outside of your door, let me inside and we can talk about what happened

I don't want to talk about it

Then let me just hold you, for my sake as well. I've been worried about you ever since you pushed me out like that.

Please let me in, Oppa

54288

"Sangwoo?"