So Many Missed Calls // Sounds Like A Fucking Creep

"Babe, is something wrong? Why do I have so many missed calls from you? Is everything okay?"

"Oh Sangwoo, thank God," Y/n had been pacing back and forth. She quickly takes a seat on her apartment couch. "I just have a really bad feeling." Y/n has been trying to reach Sangwoo ever since she left the café. This bad feeling has sprung on her and latched on like a second skin. It's been on her mind all day. She couldn't focus in class and she struggled to do her work. The only thing that could make her feel better was hearing Sangwoo's voice and warning him about what has happened.

"What's wrong? Is JoJo okay?" Sangwoo asks from the other end of the line. His voice resonates more than usual and is a lower pitch. It sounds as if he just woke up. What could he be doing sleeping at 6pm? Perhaps he had pulled an all nighter to study for the upcoming tests?

"Ah, JoJo is fine. He's spending that night at um whatchamacallits house? Park Jaewon from the amusement park. Him and a few other boys." Y/n jumps to her feet and begins to walk the short length of the apartment again. It feels better when she moves. When she moves, she can focus a little more.

"Y/n are you okay? You sound frazzled? Should I come over th-"

"No," Y/n cuts him off. "Thank you, but it's fine. I have to leave for the publishing event soon anyway."

"Are you sure you can attend?" Sangwoo's voice is flat as usual, but Y/n can feel that he cares. It soothes her nerves.

"I'm fine." Y/n takes a deep and somewhat shaky breath. "Today, a cop came up to me in the cafe. We spoke a little about a case he has and then he asked about you, Sangwoo. It sounded like he suspected you for something... and like he had a personal grudge against you."

"A cop?" The surprise is evident in Sangwoo's voice. He remembers how she acted when she visited his house after she found out his parents had died. He had guessed that the cops had a part in making her cry and that she had some fear of them. He thought he could use it against her if she ever wanted to leave him. But if she had a conversation with the cop, then she can't actually be afraid of them, right? "What would he want with me?"

"To help him with his case he asked me about people our age having close relationships with those that they hang out with. Maybe someone you know is a victim or heavily involved in the case?" Y/n glances at the time. Thirty minutes before she has to leave. That will have to be enough time to finish her hair and makeup before she leaves.

"Ji Eun."

"Ji Eun," Y/n repeats. "How could I not have thought about her?"

"She went missing... do you think the cop suspects me Y/n? I hope they find her soon. Then this will all clear up."

Y/n's mind races. Ji Eun. Could Sangwoo have actually been involved? No. No. No. No. She can't let herself think that. What she saw in the basement- No. She didn't see anything in the basement. Y/n has to trust Sangwoo. That is the only thing that will get them through this.

"They'll find her," Y/n states. A moment passes and Y/n's mind returns to the conversation with the cop. "Sangwoo, I'm kind of scared... the cop knew that I attend XXX University and that I know you... isn't that... strange?"

"What did he look like?" Poison leaks into Sangwoo's voice, catching Y/n off guard. But, in a way, it makes her feel safe. She can always trust Sangwoo to protect her.

"He was somewhat tall with tan skin. Kind of clunky build. Army green or maybe grey glasses. He had a tall somewhat pointy nose and full lips. His hair is black and cut short. He looked as if he worked way too much. Pretty much dead inside."

"Damn, Y/n," Sangwoo might've chuckled had the situation not been so serious. "Do you pay this much attention to every man you meet? You're making me jealous."

A halfhearted laugh resonates in Y/n's apartment along with the sound of her rhythmic footsteps. "You know I belong to you, there's no need for you to be jealous. Oh! He gave me his business card." Y/n stops her pacing to rummage through her stuff. She manages to quickly find the small rectangular piece of paper inside one of her sweater pockets. "His name is Seungbae. I'll send you a picture of the card when we get off the phone."

"Thank you, babe. I really appreciate you looking out for me." The complement from Sangwoo spurs happiness in the still frazzled girl. "You should stay away from that man, he sounds like a fucking creep." The disgust is obvious in Sangwoo's mollifying voice. "I don't want to hurt anyone, but if he touches you, I won't be able to just sit by."

He is her knight in shining armor. Hugging the phone gently to her ear, Y/n whispers softly. "I love you."

"I love you too, Y/n. Have fun at the company event tonight. If you wouldn't mind, could you text me when you get home? I want to know that you made it there safe."

A full and unstoppable smile grows on Y/n's face. "Of course."