Epilogue

Bacon sizzles on the stove as Y/n scrubs last night's forgotten dishes. Light from the morning sun filters in through the white curtains covering the window above the sink. A song that she has forgotten the name of but not the words plays softly on the radio. Strong arms come to wrap around Y/n's form from behind, eliciting a giggle from her. Sangwoo rests his chin on her shoulder, "What are you over here smiling about?" A matching blissful expression plays on his lips as he lets his weight crush her.

"Just reminiscing," she laughs as she tries to shrug her husband of five years off of her shoulders. "Sangwoo, you're heavy!"

In response he sets even more of his weight on her. "Is this better?" He asks with a cheeky grin.

When he doesn't budge, she flicks some of the water from the sink at his face. "Oh stop it, I'm trying to clean up your dirty dishes!"

JoJo walks in the kitchen and rubs his eyes, still dressed in his pajamas. Rather than his favorite onesie, he's grown into the pre-puberty stage and started mimicking his dad with wearing sweatpants and a T-shirt to bed. With the clothes, his face slimming and him growing in height, JoJo resembles his father more and more every year. "Morning, kid," Sangwoo greets as he finally gets off of his wife's shoulders. "You slept in pretty late today."

"Yeah, me and Jaewon were up playing video games pretty late last night," JoJo replies with a yawn as he sinks into his usual seat at the table next to Sarang on her booster seat.

"It's, 'Jaewon and I'," Y/n corrects with a quick look over her shoulder.

JoJo sighs and sinks into his seat. "Good morning to you too, Grammar Police."

"JoJo!" Sarang shouts excitedly as she grabs onto his sleeve. "Mommy and Daddy were doing flirting again!"

Sangwoo laughs and praises his daughter by whisking her small form out of her chair and throwing her up in the air a few times. "We would've flirted more too if JoJo wasn't complaining about it all the time!"

Y/n frowns and turns off the water, "Sangwoo, what are you teaching her? And put her down. What if she throws up on you like last time?" Sarang's giggles immediately stop as her dad catches her. They both make pouty faces and raise their eyebrows into their perfected puppy eyes. Shit. "Only one more throw."

"You give in so easily, Mom." JoJo rolls his eyes, "And you're just as responsible as Dad. You two are worse than the kids at school. You can never keep your hands off of each other."

Y/n opens her mouth to retaliate, but closes it quickly realizing that she has nothing else to say. "Just be happy your Mom makes me practice abstinence while you two are home." Y/n nearly choked as she listens to her husband's voice. "If not, you would have more than just one little twerp running around the house right now."

"Oh my god!" JoJo covers his ears immediately. "I did not need to hear that!" He screams, his voice cracking somewhat in the process.

"Oh Sangwoo," Y/n growls as she clenches a wooden spoon in her hand.

Sarang looks at Sangwoo who looks back at her for them both to look at Y/n again. While still making eye contact with her mother, Sarang cups her little hands around her mouth and practically yells in Sangwoo's ears. "Mommy looks angry... Daddy, I think you should run."
The moment Y/n takes a step towards him, he bolts out of the kitchen, keeping his daughter in his clutches as he makes his grand escape.

When he's out of sight, Y/n rolls her eyes and smiles, throwing the wet wooden spoon into the drying rack.

"Mom," JoJo sighs as he traces the patterns on the table. "Do I really have to go abroad again this summer?"

Y/n's eyebrows raise slightly before she dries her hands and takes a seat across from her son. It's not the first time that he's brought up staying home. "You don't have to go the whole summer, you'll still have lots of time to hang out with your friends," Y/n tries.

Her son only shakes his head, his black locks swaying lightly. "That's not it..."

"Oh?" Y/n laughs as an idea pops into her head. "Is it that you have a girlfriend? Don't want her getting swept off her feet by someone else while you're away?" She lifts her eyebrows suggestingly with a sly smile.

A dusting of pink appears on JoJo's cheeks as he waves his hands in her face. "C'mon Mom, I'm being serious." He sighs and looks out of the open window that looks over their desolate street. "I know how much you've always sacrificed to get me into programs like this. I wouldn't skip just because of some girl."

Y/n  grabs her son's hand, something she hasn't done in a while. Before, they were soft and puffed, but now his hands are larger and laced with callouses. Her baby is growing up. "Then what is it sweetie? Why don't you want to go?"

JoJo's eyes gloss over. Immediately, he draws his free hand to cover his face as his other clenches his mother's tightly. Y/n's chest contracts and convulses in quick hard intervals. It feels as if the light is fading to black. Like all the windows were boarded up and the lights were turned out. No- as if she was on the locked in the basement chained to the wall in the dark, bleeding, and unaware of when she would be able to breathe fresh air again. It was that kind of pain.

"Mom..."

"I don't want to leave because-"

"because well..."

Y/n forces her fear down into the pit of her stomach. It's alright. No matter what he says cannot she can take it. She can. It will be fine. Yes. Everything will be fine.

It has to be.

"It's okay baby," Y/n reassures her son as she smooths down his bed head. When she's satisfied, she touch lingers on the side of his face. His wet eyes meet her own. "You can say it."