Superhero Cider Man // Gives Him A Fist Bump

"Whoah." The amusement park is huge. Y/n stands in the center next to the tall lighthouse which is visible everywhere within the park. The screams from some of the rides carry over to her ears and Y/n begins to buzz with excitement. She latches onto her boyfriend's arm and focuses her attention completely on him. "Sangwoo, I want to go on the big light blue one over there!" She points to a somewhat distant rollercoaster that has lots of loops and twists and turns.

"The Twisting Twack Time Turner?" He chuckles lightly at her enthusiasm. He's not a big fan of rollercoasters. He's not afraid of them or anything, he just finds them to be too boring. He'd rather let Y/n ride than ride some roller coaster with her.

"The tisting tack time tuhnar?" Y/n attempted to repeat.

"No Mom," JoJo turns away from his friend. They had been talking about some kid show. Something about a superhero Cider Man. "It's 'the twuisuting tuuwuack time turnah!'"

Y/n laughs and ruffles the boys fluffy black hair, "You can't say it either!"

At this, the mysterious Park Hyun Woo, Park Jaewon's older brother, chuckles a crisp laugh. "You really are foreign." The words come out playful and clearly despite his laughter and black mask.

"Yeah," Y/n turns her attention to the slender man and away from her son. "If you couldn't tell already." Her joking tone is evident and not too harsh. She takes the moment to fully look over the man. She had seen him at the party with Ji Eun, but that's about it. Apparently he does attend the university, but he is only ever in his classes or training at some company. He doesn't have many outside encounters with other people. Perhaps that's the reason his mother forced him out with them today.

With his laughter long gone, the fair skinned man looks around in an attempt to find a way to revive the conversation. Sangwoo has been holding a steady and hard to read gaze on him the entire time. It spurs the nerves in him, making him feel responsible to cure the awkward mood that he had somehow caused.

Sensing his distress, Y/n removes herself from Sangwoo. "Have you been here before, Hyun Woo?"

"Yeah," he responds. Not wanting to continue locking eyes with Sangwoo, he glances at his younger brother as he laughs at some joke. Y/n's kid is so much smaller in comparison which is a little strange even if Jaewon is big for his age. 'Is he being fed well? No, of course he is.' Hyun Woo wonders. 'He has such a wonderful, even if single, mom like Y/n. Maybe he was born premature? Or something like that?' "It's been a long time though."

"Same for me," Y/n looks around at the large park. "It's changed a lot since I've last been here." She looks up at Sangwoo who was looming silently at her side with his arm snaked securely around her waist. "How long has it been? Nine, ten years?"

'Ah, that's right. They are childhood friends.' Sangwoo looks to be in thought before responding. "Sounds about right."

"Mom, can we go now?" JoJo interrupts. Behind that small face and big round eyes, Y/n can see that JoJo knows and understands a lot more than he lets on. "Jaejae and I want to get on rides!"

She sends him a pointed look. "Try again."

Caught, JoJo stands a little straighter and corrects his tone. "Excuse me, Mommy. May we please start getting in lines? It would be great if we could get on as many rides as possible, as quickly as possible."

"Better." Y/n steps out of Sangwoo's grasp and ruffles her boy's hair for the second time. "Which one do y'all want to get on first?"

"Wrinkling Warp!" Jaewon speaks up.

"Yeah!" JoJo seconds.

The group of five start walking toward the ride the boys chose. Y/n hovers just behind JoJo and Jaewon and listens into their conversation while directing them to turn every now and then. Mostly, however, she watches the other groups of people as they pass by. There are groups of school kids, parents with their young children and even some families. Still, the couples stick out the most. They walk around, hand in hand, with their unique matching designer outfits on. After seeing an adorable couple in matching overalls blue and striped t-shirts, she glances back at Sangwoo.

She quickly takes in that he's talking to Hyunwoo about something, but more importantly, she studies his outfit. Despite the nice weather, he is wearing a camouflage sweatshirt with the words 'Anti Social Social Club' written on it, sweatpants and a black cap. Is he not hot? Frowning, Y/n analyses her own outfit which somehow ended up looking completely different. She's wearing a simple pair of shorts and a light colored tank top, beneath she has on her bathing suit in case they decided to go to the water park. Sighing, Y/n looks up to see that they need to make another turn. "To the left."

Following Y/n's form, the pair of men turn down a stone paved path quietly as their conversation about classes die off. "So have the police contacted you?" Hyunwoo asks in a hushed tone, his hands tucked in his pockets.

No shock shows on Sangwoo's face. He was expecting this conversation. "Only once. I didn't have much to say and they didn't have much to say to me either."

"They've called me three times. Probably because I don't have as good of an alibi as you." He sighs," They've never made me go into the station, though."

Sangwoo opens his eyes a little wide in mock surprise, and allows it to settle back down naturally. "You don't think they actually suspect us of something, do you?" He sends his eyes downcast. "I could never imagine one of us ever do anything to cause this much pain! ...I hope Ji Eun is okay, wherever she is."

Hyunwoo stares at Sangwoo slightly taken aback. He never imagined it would be so hard on him. Although he and Sangwoo have never been close, maybe they could bond during this time of hardship? It could help the both of them.

Hesitantly, Hyunwoo claps an arm against Sangwoo's chiseled back. He quickly finds himself thankful for his black face mask. He doesn't want to, nor does he want anyone else to recognize the flush of pink rising to his cheeks. The only reason he eventually agreed to come to this and the only reason he hung around those cruel bastards that followed Ji Eun around was to be with Sangwoo. One day, Sangwoo had just caught his eye and Hyunwoo has been curious about him ever since. Noticing a group of middle school aged girls glancing at him and giggling, he becomes fully aware of himself. He gives Sangwoo's shoulders a squeeze before returning his arm to its proper place. "It'll all be alright. We just have to trust the police."

While Hyunwoo began to mentally curse his existence, Sangwoo's brain began doing backflips. 'Impossible. Hyunwoo has been gay for me? This entire time?' Sangwoo thinks. 'What a waste! I could've done so much.'

"Sangwoo?" Y/n turns around, as do the kids, as she beckons the man over.

Slick with excitement, Sangwoo turns to Hyunwoo. He quickly gives him a fist bump and mutters his thanks. It's not a lot, but it is way more than what he has ever shown him in the past. Sangwoo runs along to Y/n with the hope that Hyunwoo will over analyze the small exchange.