Shook About What Happened // The 'Real' Him

A strange atmosphere weighed over the small family. The three had said their goodbyes to Hyunwoo and Jaewon and dropped them off at their nice home. Because they had left the amusement so late, Y/n decided that it would be best for them to get dinner out.

JoJo sits on Y/n's lap, cuddled up tightly against her chest in her folded arms. His eyes are lidded and it is clear that he is likely to fall asleep before their food arrives.

"So tell me about JoJo," Sangwoo speaks up from across the table. He's still shook about what happened in the amusement park bathroom and doesn't quite know if he should be doing something about it or not

Y/n kisses her baby's forehead and proceeds to smooth his hair. Holding him like this always makes her calm down. "He was born prematurely and will probably be smaller than average for a while."

"I used to be small too," Sangwoo comments. "Maybe he just gets it from his dad."

Y/n laughs lightly. Her son shifts in her arms and proceeds to go a little limp with sleep. He must be so tired after all the fun he had today. "Maybe." Y/n rests a hand on the table. "He's smart though, more so than he lets anyone know. And JoJo is a good judge of character."

Sangwoo watches the woman look down lovingly at the brat in her arms. He's cute. Sangwoo will give him that.

Sangwoo reaches across the table and grasps Y/n's free hand, making Y/n's face fluctuate in a mix of surprise and nervousness. "I'm so lucky to have you two," Sangwoo whispers lovingly.

"Sangwoo," Y/n meets his warm gaze. "That's so sweet."

Sangwoo leans over the slim table, taking his girlfriend's face in his hands and leaning over his sons's form. Awkwardly, the waitress who just arrived at the table clears her throat. Sangwoo wastes no time on her and holds up a single finger. Wait. The rude bitch gasps at being out to the side. As if the interruption never occurred, Sangwoo places a quick chaste kiss on Y/n's lips. Much to the waitress's relief, the kiss is short and Sangwoo falls back into his seat.

"So uhm, are we ready to order?"

Y/n looks at the waitress with the cute bob. 'I wonder if we seem like a married couple?' With her voice lowered as to not disturb JoJo she responds, "Yes. I'll have (insert food) and (drink). Oh and apple juice and the ravioli off the kids menu for him." Y/n gestures to the sleeping child.

The waitress makes note of the order and turns to Sangwoo. "And sir, what would you like?"

"Do you really think that something on that menu could be better than the snack sitting right in front of me?" Sangwoo's serious expression makes Y/n laugh and the waitress's eyebrows furrow in annoyance.

"Well, I'll be right be right back with your drinks then."

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Mr.Murphyyyy," Y/n whines as she spots him in the university's cafeteria.

"Oh, Y/n!" The tall man sends her a radiant smile as he looks up from his seat at a small circular table. He quickly gets up and pulls the chair out for Y/n while motioning for her to have a seat. "How was the date at the amusement park?"

Indulging in the kind treatment, Y/n takes the seat across from him and sets her water bottle down on the table. "It was not bad for the most part."

"Hmmm," he crosses his arms as he thinks lightly. "Did you two have a disagreement?"

"Sort of," Y/n mutters as she plays with the zap of her bottle. "It just feels like he's testing me sometimes. ...Like he says terrible things to see if I will agree with him."

"One of my good friends used to behave that way as well..." Mr. Murphy swivels a ball pin lightly between his fingers. "Any chance that he's insecure and trying to see if you would hate him if you knew the 'real' him?"

Y/n's voice falters for a moment. "Maybe... probably." She takes a deep breath and lowers her voice so that the chatter of the other students will cover her words. "But he was saying some homophobic comments and even spoke about murder... but right after that he-"

"Y/n," Mr. Murphy cuts in gently with a warm smile. "I think it's natural that you're confused. To me, it sounds like he may just be having some trouble expressing himself. Right now, it sounds like the best thing that you can do is just trust him and wait by his side."

"Yeah you're probably right," Y/n chuckles at herself. "I was just overreacting."