Crippling Waves Of Anxiety // Major Repercussions

The tremendous and crippling waves of anxiety come crashing down on Y/n as she is slowly wheeled through the police station. The bright white lights glare down at her from above and cast horrid shadows that hide and slither beneath her. The rattle of the air conditioning and it's cool breeze constantly nipping at her vulnerable skin through her thin hospital gown sends shivers scurrying down her spine. Reflexively, she tightens her muscles and pulls herself into a tight knot.

With each passing moment, Y/n's heart skips a beat and her breathing patterns become more and more haphazard. The footsteps around her, the come and go of voices, even the static of a police officer's. walkie-talkie, they all suffocate her to the point where she doesn't even want to live anymore.

But she has to.

For Sangwoo.

For JoJo.

For herself.

"This is the room," the nurse announces. "Are you ready, Ms. Y/n?" Her watery eyes bear into the large wooden door. Her brain conjures all of the possibilities of what could be on the other side. Sangwoo could be shot, or have a broken bone. The police could be taking turns beating him up. He could be on the ground furious with his pride and body destroyed. Or he could be caught. Or even worse, dead.

The door would be opened and the room would be silent as she is brought to the center. Sangwoo's beautiful dark brown eyes would be void of life as dark liquid pools around him. He would no longer tell her "I love you" or make her heart jump and flutter. She would never again have to cook him proper meals, or clean up after him when he got too lazy, or deal with his constant horniness or support him when he felt broken and empty inside. She wouldn't. She wouldn't be able to dream of exchanging wedding vows, or bearing his child, or growing old with him. He'd simply be dead. Y/n's shaking fingers drag at the escaped teardrops that litter her hardened expression. Slowly, her teeth dig into her lower lip.

"I'm ready."

»»-------------¤-------------««

"Y/n," he states breathlessly. His fiancée is slowly wheeled into the room by the nurse Sangwoo recalls seeing leave Y/n's room and talking to the doctor talk at some point. Tears trickle down her face as she locks eyes with him. Her trembling lip and shaking hands says it all. Against the soreness, Sangwoo forces a light smile. "Everything will be okay, so don't look at me with such a depressing expression. Save it for my funeral."

The nurse pushes Y/n to the center of the room and parks her using the brake next to Sangwoo. "Thank you for accompanying her all this way," Officer Manseok speaks up. "We'll take it from here. The information to be discussed is confidential thus we must ask you to wait outside."

The nurse bows and waves to Y/n. "Take good care of her," she says as she turns to leave. "Some man barged in her hospital room earlier, but I feel more comfortable knowing that she is in the capable hands of you Officers. Even if she doesn't." The nurse stiffly glances at Y/n before leaving the room as told without another word.

Officer Manseok spares her a quick look of pity, but keeps his mouth shut.

"Y-Y/n, how are you? How are you feeling?" Sangwoo whispers to her, concern etched in his features. Y/n quickly notes that his heart isn't into his words and that he is just putting on a show.

Lines on Y/n's young face deepen as she lifts her finger and traces the dark bruises all across his face. There's a large purple one forming on his temple, another around his left eye, a bleeding wound on the side of his face, and even dried blood in his hair suggesting a head injury. "S- Sangwoo..." Lightly, she traces her thumb over his busted lip, letting her touch slip to his chin and fall onto his chest. "What happened?" Eyes wide and pooling with tears again, she whips her head around the room, finding every face looking guiltily. Her eyes lock with her husband-to-be, "Did they do this to you?!" Her voice jumps up in volume and rage courses through her veins. "Did they hurt you like this?!"

Sangwoo doesn't respond for half a beat. "It's okay—"

"—It's not fucking okay!" Y/n interrupts. Spinning around, she throws herself onto her feet, ignoring the searing pain in her ankle. The oxygen is sucked from the room. Leaning to one side, Y/n faces three suspects as she glares them each in the eye. Among them is Seungbae. "You!" She exhales with a wrath that is thicker than the darkness of a winter night.

"Y/n!" Sangwoo shouts. "Your ankle! Sit back down!" He watches as the bone quivers under the weight she's putting under it. Desperately, he turns to the Officers that have become nothing more than unsightly statues. "Stop her! She's already injured enough!" The man tries to stand up out of his chair and pull his love into his arms, but he is yanked back by  the handcuffs. There haven't been many moments of which he has felt this frustrated.

As Y/n moves to slap Seungbae across the face, she is snatched up off of her feet by Officer Park. Although he is older, it seems he can still do his job to some extent. Y/n flails and sobs in his grasp and although it's not an elegant look, Sangwoo sighs in relief. All of his plans would've been ruined if Y/n got her hands on Seungbae, or worse, grabbed his gun and killed him with it. Of course, Sangwoo would be filled with ecstasy if his love killed someone for him and in such a devilish way. But, such an action would have major repercussions. Y/n and JoJo would be deported without a doubt, and hell, they might even find a way to put him in jail too.

Quietly, Officer Park holds Y/n down in her wheelchair and locks her in. Whispers are exchanged between the pair as Officer Park seems to calm her down. Sangwoo sucks his teeth and flares at the two officers that could do nothing but stare. Worthless shits.