Scream Bloody Murder // Best To Smile

The crumbling house stands stoically in the desolate neighborhood. It's the only one that's being inhabited within the span of a few blocks, making it perfect for criminal activity. If Seungbae were to step out his car right now and scream bloody murder, not a single soul would hear his call. It's suspicious. But now he finally has enough time to reveal the secrets hidden within it. Seungbae smiles.

He's already won. All he has to do is get in, collect evidence of Sangwoo's murders, and get out. It'll be easy, he only has to be quick. Sangwoo isn't home, a fact he had confirmed after spotting the man walking through a park with some random little boy. "I hope nothing bad happens to the kid," Seungbae mutters to himself. He could've run over and saved the boy, but that would've drawn attention, blown his cover, and prevented him from raiding the Oh house. Plus, after what happened at the hospital, Seungbae isn't the most fond of children. The boy was a necessary sacrifice. Confidently, the young officer slams his cardoor and locks the cop car as he strides up to the hell house.

»»-------------¤-------------««

One. More. Day.

Just one more day. Sangwoo sighs as he drags his fingers through his dulled hair. Just one more day until Y/n is released from the hospital. Aside from taking care of JoJo in Y/n's stead, Sangwoo has had no time to relax these past couple of days. Immediately after leaving the hospital, Sangwoo went straight home and cleaned up the 'mess' in the basement. During the time needed to let that air out, he hired a trusted babysitter to take care of JoJo while Sangwoo had a lecture followed by a large test which he needed to take. During the lecture he took decent notes for once that he then copied for Y/n as they share the class. Immediately after Sangwoo and the other students were released from the testing area, Sangwoo picked up JoJo, paid the babysitter, and brought the boy to work with him. The restaurant Sangwoo currently works for was short on staff, so Sangwoo had to come in. Although it was a pain, he could use the extra money. Before he left the hospital, Sangwoo had paid off Y/n's hospital bill and had her room upgraded. While he was working, JoJo simply read a book and sipped on whatever drink and snacked on whatever food that Sangwoo brought over to him.

Once Sangwoo's extra long shift was over, he and JoJo went home and watched a movie. Bum seemed to be mad that Y/n got to go to the hospital and he didn't or something, but Sangwoo simply ignored him. He was too tired to be bothered. Bum was in a bad mood and Sangwoo didn't want him to spit in the food, so he ordered fried chicken. Utterly exhausted, Sangwoo had finished the day off by falling asleep while eating chicken and watching a comical family movie with JoJo.

The next day was just as tiring as the first. It drove an even deeper appreciation for Y/n within Sangwoo. Of course, when he and JoJo visited her again, he said that taking care of everything was easy for him. But, JoJo quickly and clearly exposed the truth.

Despite that, it's finally the last day of this madness. JoJo is in school, the house is clean, Sangwoo has only one lecture today, no shifts at work and best of all, a sweet comfortable bed is waiting for him at home. The dark circles beneath Sangwoo's eyes have only seemed to grow the last few days.

Sangwoo guides his car into his usual parking spot and while doing so his sleep deprived eyes spy something peculiar and rather aggravating. "Fuck." Sangwoo glares at the poorly parked police car with contempt. Yet another hindrance. Have they come around to patrol again?

Stepping out of the car, Sangwoo puts on his good boy act as he goes to greet the waiting cops. All Sangwoo wanted to do was sleep, but now he can't even do that much. Sangwoo clenches his fists and tries his best to smile. "Hello..." Sangwoo voice drops as he stares in through the driver's window. The black leather seats blankly stare back at him. There is no one in the car.

Backing away from the vehicle in confusion, he begins to panic. His head swivels from side to side, sweeping over the desolate street. Nothing. With no better option, Sangwoo rushes inside of his house.