Smell Of Sizzling Bacon // A Tattered Mess

Sunlight flows into the quiet room. The lightness of the soft blanket covering her earns a pleasant smile from the girl. Her nose twitches at the smell of sizzling bacon, JoJo's favorite breakfast food. Tranquillity.

Looking around, she recognizes the old tree outside the window and seemingly equally ancient dresser and bed stand. She's at Sangwoo's house. "What the hell was that last night," she sighs as she attempts to sit up. Her wrists and ankles refuse to move, securely remaining where they are. Heart pumping, Y/n stifles a scream. Her eyes dash back and forth, she is tied down with mismatched sheets. What time is it? Where is JoJo? Who did this to her? What's going to happen?

The door creaks open in her peripheral vision. Her entire body runs cold. A pale greasy haired man stands with his eye in the crack, watching her every movement. "B- Bum," a toothy smile becomes visible. "Is th-at you?"

The frail boy slips into the room. His head down, but his eyes up and searching. Suddenly, she recognizes him. "No," she whispers faintly. "Don't come over here."

"Sangwoo did a good job," Bum starts, taking tiny steps towards the bed Y/n is constricted upon. "I imagined red ribbon, but this is good enough." His grimy fingers hover just over the edge of the mattress. "You'll be a good little gift, right?"

"No, no." She squirms, the sheets digging into her skin, not allowing her to budge at all. What? How did this happen? How could this happen? Where is Sangwoo? Bum comes closer. Close enough to grip her foot. "Go AWAY! STAY AWAY FROM ME!"

A look of conflict strikes Bum's features, but only for a second. She must have imagined it. "That's not how you talk to me!" He reprimands in a voiceless screech. A kitchen knife emerges from behind his back. "You call me Oppa, or- or," an idea pops into his head. "Daddy!"

"Fuck off you crazy bastard." Y/n's voice drops, less confident. What can she do? What could she ever do? How many times will this happen to her? And now she's even constricted to a bed and being threatened with a knife?

A little prick of sympathy bites Bum, but it goes unacknowledged. "Don't tALk to me that way!" He carelessly flings the blade onto the bed, causing Y/n to bite her lip in painful anticipation. Out of a mix of anger and embarrassment, Yoon Bum climbs onto the mattress in a hurry, ignoring the hoarse screams that echo out of Y/n's throat.

"GET AWAY!" Her voice breaks into a sob, "Just leave me alone!" It bounces back into screaming desperation. Bum tries his best at, and succeeds in ignoring her shrieks. Finding his balance on the bed, he reaches to remove the thin protective blanket from over her. "You DISGUSTING PIG! AWAY! GO AWAY!"

"Shut up you stupid whore!" Bum yells back. He yanks back the blanket and balls it up in his fist. "Open your mouth." No. No. No. Y/n whimpers between tightly clenched teeth and her tears stain the bedding beneath her. "Open you mouth!" Bum shakes, but he holds the knife against her neck. She is tied down, belly up. She can't hurt him. The idea of superiority enlarges the growing bulge in his pants.

Y/n doesn't move. Bum presses the knife harder against her skin, not yet drawing blood. Suddenly, something wet splats against his face. Spit. Spit. She spat on him. He takes his fingers and swipes the saliva from his face. The thick liquid paints his fingers which he scissor back and forth, enjoying its warmth and viscous texture. He watches it lovingly before popping the saliva covered fingers into his own mouth. "Look, Y/n. We've had our first indirect kiss."

Y/n cringes with disgust. "Kill yourself." The words fall out plainly. They are foreign to her tongue, but feel right. "Just kill yourself."

Bum smiles and places both of his hands against Y/n's now furiously shaking head. The knife now lays abandoned at her side, so close. But she can't grab it. "Don't say that, you love me. You love your Oppa." She tries to head butt him, but he manages to avoid it.

"I love my Oppa, but he isn't you. I hate you."

Such a simple phrase manages to hurt him so much. Why is that? And after he has heard it so many times.

"You!" Infuriated, Bum shreds her shirt with the blade. A feeling of accomplishment overwhelms as he earns a scream from Y/n. He takes her breast in his hand and kneads it painfully. He rips her pants down to her knees, exposing her generic underwear.

Sobs echo in the room. No more screaming or flailing. Just depression and vulnerability. Did he do this? To the girl that was so happy and smiley. Why does her body feel so cold? Would she be like this if he was Sangwoo? Why did he even want this? Oh. Sangwoo set this all up right? So it's his fault. Sangwoo wanted this, so Bum just did it to make him happy. That's right. None of this is Bum's fault.

A phone rings, demanding attention. Bum looks between Y/n and her device sitting on the charger. Sangwoo is calling for him. Bum chuckles and grabs the phone. First he checks the caller ID, he makes sure it's Sangwoo. After confirming, he leaves the room and his boyfriend's girlfriend in a tattered mess.