Desperately Attempting To Contact // The One And Only Min Ji Eun

The car ride to the café was quiet and somewhat awkward for Y/n. Could they understand what she said? Maybe. Sangwoo had correctly interpreted her English previously, so it is safe to assume he could this time too. Is it possible that he could have heard JoJo? Or figured out the rest of the conversation? This remains a mystery. For the entire ride Y/n racked her brain, not paying attention to where they were going. In the end, she decided that it doesn't matter. Either way, she is going to have to explain everything to Sangwoo and do whatever it takes for him to meet her son.

"Shit." Y/n looks up from her lap to the man sitting next to her in the driver's seat. Sangwoo had pulled over in front of a quaint café when his phone began ringing. He stares at the caller ID and it's obvious that he is considering to ignore whoever is desperately attempting to contact him.

"Everything okay?" She asks sweetly as she looks at the man with a curious glint in her eyes. Y/n reaches to put her hand on his arm only to chicken out, letting her hand fall to her side. "You can step out if you need to."

The man shuts off the ignition and gives the attractive girl a reassuring nod and a crooked half smile. "Yeah, I'm just hoping that I can get out of doing something." He turns around and directs his words to the man in the back seat, "Bum, keep her company while I step out for a second." The small man nods, but Y/n didn't bother to see it. Instead, she just watched Sangwoo's muscular form leave the car and walk into a narrow alley.

Pulling away her attention from the man that left, Y/n attempts to strike up a conversation. She decides against questions that she wouldn't want to be directed back at her, so she finally settles on, "Its so different here, from my homeland I mean. But I think I'll be able to call this place home soon."

Bum's breath catches in his throat. 'Be nice,' Sangwoo had told him. So be nice he shall. "Wheredidyougrowup?" His words come out too quickly and he snaps his lips shut immediately after the last word. Within the following seconds he begins to wonder if he should repeat himself at a more favorable pace, but after a long pause the foreigner responds.

"Where did I grow up, right? Well I'm from [homeland], but I used to spend some of my summers here in town when I was younger. It's great to finally be back." The girl relaxes into her chair as she recalls the fun memories.

Another rich girl. Another mother fucking rich girl. Perhaps it's Sangwoo's kink. Bum's face scrunches up as he thinks of what is bound to happen before the privileged bitch ends up dead. He gags. "Where did you two meet?" Bum asks, referring to the hunk now walking back to the car.

"The campus library," she states flatly. Although she was hoping for something like 'What is [homeland] like?' or 'What is your favorite thing about the area?', she didn't tell a lie. Maybe fifteen or sixteen years ago Y/n and her sister really did first encounter the enticing man in the library. It's comical how much of a coincidence it is for the two of them to have reunited in the same place over a decade later. The first difference that sticks out between the two instances to the [adj] girl is that instead of her sister accompanying her at the table, it was the one and only Min Ji Eun.

The short reply ticked Bum off. Is this whore hiding something? She has no right. She is going to end up naked with her innards spilling out for all to see anyway! His hands clench and he immediately releases them as Sangwoo pulls open the car door. Why should he care that she is hiding something? He is hiding many secrets too, after all. Almost all of them surrounding the man that just returned to the driver's seat. How he broke into his house. How he had been beaten. How he took lives. How he enjoyed it. How he chose to stay. A daunting thought bulldozes the frail man. 'Why didn't I warn her?'