The Disgusting Creature Tries // To Treat Her Well

Sangwoo: You free right now?

Y/n: Yeah. I just finished up a meeting with a coworker

Come over. I have a surprise for you.

It'll take me a while to get there

Like an hour, hour and a half

What?

What are you taking the train or something?

Yeah, and maybe a bus

I can't afford a car rn;;;

Send me the address

I wouldn't want to bother you...

Just send me the damn address

4700 XXX Street

I'll be there in thirty minutes

Be a good girl and just wait for me. Alright? 😉

Alright, see you when you get here

Sangwoo stares into the distance, letting the smoke from his cigarette puff through his lips and perform its intricate dance before him. Without breaking eye contact with the sky, the muscular man puts out his cig, watching the final act unfold. Finally, his trance is broken and his head drops to stare at the cracking concrete steps leading to his front door. "It's about to storm."

A light smile adorns Sangwoo's face as he quickly slips back into his home. Change of plans. He walks right past Bum as the disgusting creature tries its hand on the Korean language. An old, but generally good condition picnic basket is pulled from the closet. Sangwoo digs through his mom's old junk and quickly finds a bright red ribbon. He takes a heavy breath. Not Mom, Y/n. Not Mom, Y/n.

Not Mom.

Y/n.

»»-------------¤-------------««

The car eases into the parking spot in front of the building with the address that Y/n sent. "4700," he mutters as he looks up at the tall corporate building. "This is it." Sangwoo puts the car in park and gets out, taking the ten story building in. The structure is rather sleek. Steel flows gently up the building, providing it with a clean and modern feel.

With his gift in hand, Sangwoo proudly maneuvers the glass revolving doors and enters the building's lobby. The receptionist looks up from her computer screen to see the attractive and kind looking man at her counter. "Y- Yes? How can I help you?" The short woman unconsciously pulls a  lock of her chestnut hair out from her messy bun and twirls it between her fingers.

"I'm looking for a L/n Y/n-"

"Should I call her down!?" The girl interrupts, her pitch falling as she speaks. Embarrassed, the girl chuckles bashfully, pushes up her thick rimmed glasses, and looks away with the faintest dusting of pink on her cheeks.

Just another thirsty bitch. Patiently, Sangwoo takes a moment to keep his attitude and tone in check, this is Y/n's work place after all. "Miss, is it alright if I could just get her office number? Or where she would most likely be? I'd like to visit, if at all possible."

"I- I'm sorry sir. That's against our usual protocol..." Sangwoo sighs in mock defeat. This bitch is just trying to anchor me here. Fucking slut. I bet her glasses are even fake. He casually leans on the edge of the counter and points his finger all the way to the left of the receptionist. With this change in direction, the woman's gaze land upon a sign in sheet and a stack of visitation passes.

"Oh? Then what are those supposed to be used for?"

Another deep breath. Having finally gained entrance and Y/n's approximate location, Sangwoo attempts to calm down as he listens to the soft elevator music. Stepping out onto the seventh floor, Sangwoo was surprised to see a lack of cubicles. There are just couches and love seats in the common area and doors that seem like they lead to individual offices.

"Excuse me?" Sangwoo kindly walks up to a man simply clicking through his phone. "Do you happen to know where L/n Y/n is?"

The overly relaxed man looks up at Sangwoo with uncaring eyes. He puts his phone down on his thigh, providing Sangwoo with a chance to see what he was up to. Wings. He was ordering wings. And what seemed like enough to feed the entire office.

He lazily looks down the hallway. "Y/n doesn't have her own office, so she's probably in Jiao-Long's right now. It's a few doors that way. Purple name plate. Sparkly. Can't miss it." Sangwoo bows and says his thanks as he continues looks for the office. Just how did she get a job here? She's definitely getting paid more than me.

Finding a bedazzled lavender nameplate, Sangwoo lifts his hand to knock on the office door. The door is only closed around half way, giving the people inside some privacy, but not in an intimidating or intimate way. After the laughter dies down, a male voice calls, "Come in."

"Sorry to interrupt," Sangwoo pokes his head through the opening in the doorway, showing a smile with the perfect amount of charming. Y/n and who Sangwoo is assuming to be Jiao-Long sit at the table together, not too close, and with scattered papers laying between them. It's clear that they're familiar with each other, but they're definitely nothing more than friends. Plus, this guy is at least 10-15 years older than Y/n but, then again, he is still rather attractive.

Before Y/n gets the chance to open her mouth, her coworker speaks up. "Oh, so this the Sangwoo you've been telling me about!" He rises from his seat and beckons Sangwoo to step into the room. A little awkwardly, Y/n stands as well, slowly maneuvering herself to stand between the two men.

"Yes, this is him. Sangwoo, meet Dr. Wu, our mental and physical health expert that we turn to when creating and or developing our plot and story characters." The (s/c) girl then turns to her middle aged coworker, "And uhm, as you already know this is Sangwoo, my boyf- uh childho-"

"Boyfriend." Sangwoo cuts her off, shaking the man's hand firmly, noting the high cheek bones and neat goatee decorating older man's face. His hair is longer than most mens' and resides in a knot with a long trail at the base of his head. Interesting.

Clearing her throat, Y/n adds "We were just talking about my studies of Cantonese and his relatives that live in Hong Kong." Starting to feel small and awkward between the men, she ends the conversation with, "Um, it was great talking to you. I learned a lot, as always. I guess I'll see you around, Jiao-Long."

"Alright, Y/n." Giving a fatherly smile, the slightly wrinkled man ruffles the girl's hair before turning to Sangwoo, "Be sure to treat her well. You won't find another like her."

Sangwoo wraps his arm around his girl and lowers his head in a respectful bow. "Of course, sir."