In His Hiding Spot // Let's Go Home

"Shit!" Seungbae whispers. He covers his face in his hands as he curls up in his hiding spot under Y/n's bed. He can't believe that he made her go unconscious. As quietly as possible, he takes a deep breath in order to calm himself. If he wants to get out of this, he needs a level head. He knocked Y/n unconscious, but judging from the materials the nurse was bringing out from this room when he had entered, Y/n likely just had a dose of some medicine. He could get away. The real problem is the pair of footsteps that echo in the hallway as two people rush to enter the room. The only choice he has is to run.

Silently, under the bed he waits. His hearts pounds feverishly in his chest, just about ready to jump out. The amount of adrenaline coursing through his is almost enough for him to jump out from under the bed and kill whoever enters the room. Almost. The door flies open and Seungbae watch as two sets of shoes stand in the now open doorway, one a more professional pair made of leather and the other an expensive sneaker which he would personally never waste his money on. 'I should take off my shoes.' The thought occurs suddenly, but it's a good idea. He will need to be as quiet as possible to leave the room and his socks will make a lot less noise than his shoes. Quickly and silently, he removes his beat up black sneakers that he wears pretty much everywhere.

"He's not here," a man declares. Seungbae immediately curses. It's Sangwoo. Not only that, but how did he know there was even someone to look for. Quickly, he scans back through his memory. That damn text.

Surprising Seungbae, a tiny pair of sneakers enter his vision. A child? The tiny sneakers run to the bed and simply wait at the edge of the bed. The child's ankles are close enough for his to grab them and snatch the child under the bed. He could be the boogie man.

"He's not here," Sangwoo whispers breathlessly.

"I- I swear I received reports of someone matching the description being here. Those damn nurses! Always playing games!" The owner of the more high end shoes complains exasperatedly. "There's no way we could have missed him if we left, there's only one hallway that leads to this room."

'Well, I didn't leave yet.' Seungbae thinks to himself, anxiously waiting for his opportunity.

"It's fine, Dr. Choi. It's better that he is not here, thank you for contacting me." The child's feet are lifted off of the ground and eventually, a weight sinks into the bed.

Distracted, Seungbae almost misses the fancier shoes belonging to the Dr. Choi as they begin to walk to the door. Immediately, his eyes swivel to where Sanwgoo's shoes are. The long end of the bed. This is his opportunity. The moment the door is opened, Seungbae slides from under the short end of the bed and runs toward it with his own shoes in his hands. The surgeon whose back he can now see almost slams the door in his face, but Seungbae manages to catch it and barely makes his escape.

»»-------------¤-------------««

Naturally, the short haired man had managed to blend in with the busy hospital. Nurses run back and forth and the friends and family of patients laugh and cry, some together, but most alone. Just as he is about to exit the ward, a familiar face appears, looking pale and sickly.

Seungbae finds himself shifting gears almost immediately. He tails the short man and follows him as he stumbles through the building. From a few steps behind, he can notice the strange pattern in the sickly male's walking. He is limping.

That's strange. Sangwoo broke both the creepy male's ankles and Y/n's, yet Y/n is the only one to receive treatment? Strange. Seungbae follows Yoonbum into the men's restroom. No. Not strange, genius. That damn bastard is a genius. People would automatically be worried about an injured girl or a girl limping around, there would be too much suspicion. But by coming here, Sangwoo can defend himself, while still keeping the beautiful Y/n locked up like a bird in a cage.

Yoonbum enters a stall and before he can close the door, Seungbae shoves himself inside. "Hey." Yoonbum nearly screams from his spot on the toilet sea, but Seungbae quickly covers his mouth. "Shut up, I'm just here to ask you some questions." Yoonbum's eyes are wide and fearful. "Answer with 'yes' or 'no'."

"Did you come here with a man named 'Oh Sangwoo'?"

"Y-yes."

"Are you limping because your ankle was hit with a blunt metal object?"

"Wh- what?" Tears peak out of Yoonbum's eyes as he sits on the toilet, succumbing under the pressure of the strange man's gaze. "What are you talking about? I- Is it that obvious?"

Seungbae smirks. It wasn't. Not at all. It was simply his guess because Min Ji Eun's ankles had been destroyed with a blunt metal object. "Where did you sleep last night? Sangwoo's house, right? Why aren't you going home? That bastard is keeping you there, right?" Seungbae rapid fires questions at the creature quivering like a twig as his ass remains glued to the toilet. "Your uncle has been searching for you! Just tell me right now, we can go to the office, take an official statement, and this entire nightmare will be over!"

Yoonbum's mouth opens and closes like a goldfish gasping for food, no words coming out. His body isn't hot, nor cold. His heart neither relieved, nor burdened. His brain neither functioning, nor disillusioned. He is neither there, nor anywhere. He is simply, nothing.

.

.

.

.

.

.

"Hey!" The tiniest of voices screech. "What are you doing to Bummie?!" JoJo stands tall behind Seungbae, facing Yoonbum's crying face as he cornered by the bigger man in the cramped stall. "Leave him alone! Mommy said it's not nice to make people cry! Apologize!"

'So close. I'm so close to getting what I need.' "Shut up brat!" Seungbae shouts. He turns around and glares at the kid in order to scare him away. The sight only causes Seungbae's blood to boil more. He looks just like Sangwoo. "I'll fucking kill you! Go back to wherever your slut of a mother is! She can't even control her own brat!"

JoJo's chubby fingers contract into a fist before he punches the man across his face. Seungbae falls to the ground in surprise as he attempts to dodge, hitting his head on the edge of the toilet seat hard, causing his vision to become blurry before fading into black. "You watch your mouth and you watch what you say about my mother!"

Quickly, JoJo sidesteps Seungbae and extends his little hand to Bum. "Let's go home."