Overly Caring Boyfriend // Prepare Yourself

Sangwoo watches silently as Y/n fiddles uncomfortably in her wheel chair. Her eyes are turned down, her fingers are twirling and knotting her clothes, and her tense form is folded tightly together.

Due to being handcuffed, Sangwoo can't do much to comfort her. She's honestly being a little fucking bitch, but he could definitely get points if he played the overly caring boyfriend role. "I think Y/n needs a little break," Sangwoo speaks up politely. At this, Y/n takes it upon herself to take his hand and entangle their fingers together in the form of a thank you of sorts.

"She's fine!" Seungbae shouts, disgust slapped across his face. He can't believe that this woman, this beautiful foreign woman that he is trying to save, would be so openly affectionate towards such a monstrous murderer like Sangwoo.

Sangwoo manages to ghost his lips over Y/n's knuckles before sighing and facing all of the crowding officers. "I didn't want to share this out of respect for my fiancée, but she has trauma surrounding police officers which has only been made worse by her experiences with Officer Seungbae. Please, I beg that you allow her a moment to calm down."

Officer Park frowns. Poor child, she is. To not only be afraid of cops, but to have ended up in this situation. Thank god Sangwoo is taking such good care of her. The middle aged man watches the couple with kind eyes. The girl scrunches up to her wounded warrior and nuzzles her head against him. In return, Sangwoo offers her privacy, by situating himself in front of her tear streaked face while brushing his lips against her gently with faint whispers of what appear to be sweet nothings. He's all grown up, that boy has. Before, Officer Park had to cheer him up while he cried at his parents' funeral, but now Sangwoo has his own person to take care of. Times really have changed, haven't they?

Y/n pulls away from Sangwoo first. She doesn't ever want to leave him, never again, so she has to do this. And she has to do it now. The slim officer with the beauty mark, Officer Manseok, is the first to speak up. "Ms. L/n, I would like to hear from you and you alone. Meaning Mr. Oh and Officer Seungbae, you are both to remain silent," he glares at both men in turn. Softly he asks, "What experiences have you had with Officer Seungbae."

Y/n looks hesitantly at Sangwoo. Her hands still remain over his cuffed ones that rest in his lap. The man's fingers curl due to an awkward position and a muscle, or perhaps a tendon, Sangwoo wouldn't know, pops out from the side of his hand. Still, he doesn't release, he tries his best to hold onto her hand as he nods at her in encouragement. As long as she follows the plan they just discussed, everything will be okay. "His wrists..." Y/n mumbles.

"Pardon, miss?" The slim officer leans forward and strains his ears as he tries to make sense of what he heard.

"If I tell you, will you unlock Sangwoo's wrists? At least one? ...I will feel more comfortable if I can hold his hand properly." The Officer crosses his arms and considers the idea. He looks at his more experienced coworker, Officer Park whose eyes tell his approval of the request. Indiscreetly, Officer Manseok nods back at him, agreeing. Seeing this silent little interaction, Seungbae immediately jumps into action.

"Are you insane?" He jabs a finger into the air at Sangwoo's form. "He tried to KILL me?! Are you seriously going to let him out of the handcuffs that I nearly died putting him in?! Would you do all that just so that some random slut of a she-devil feels 'more comfortable'?!"

"Watch your goddamn mouth!" Sangwoo shouts at the heathen, his chair screeching against the floor as the he nearly lurches out of it. Y/n jumps back in surprise at his sudden movements, but doesn't speak up or reach out to any one in the room.

The Officer with the beauty mark, the officer closest to Seungbae, lifts his hand and slaps the misbehaving officer right across the face. Not a single person in the room dares to budge a single muscle. Shock paints the faces and a thin but unmistakable silence fills the room. The beauty mark Officer, the one who created such silence is the one to bring it to its end. His face is that of carved stone, but his anger and disgust is evident in his clenched and whitening knuckles. "That's not how you talk to women, or anyone for that matter! You ought to watch your mouth, you're already in more than enough trouble as it is."

"Baby, don't listen to him," Sangwoo shuffles his chair back to Y/n's side, creating sharp screeching sounds against the old flooring. "You're my beautiful little angel, don't let him get to you." He attempts to wipe her tears but struggles due the constraints binding his wrists. "I'll make sure he never bothers you again," Sangwoo whispers. "Once this is over, he'll be at our mercy."

No. She can't let Sangwoo kill again, even if it's Seungbae. Y/n's face hangs, unable to meet Sangwoo's sickly warm gaze. How could he look at her that way when he talked about ending a life? How could she continue to want to protect such a horrid man like him? But, more importantly, how will she pull it off? "He stalked me, approached me for information about Sangwoo, sneaked into my hospital room, showed me a picture of Ji Eun's dead body, and then strangled me." The monotone words rush out of her mouth. She stares at her feet the entire time, her arms crossing and becoming choked by her fingers' strong grip.

"That's-," Seungbae starts. "That's not true." Like a deer in the headlights, he stares at Y/n's stiff form. He didn't mean to stalk her or hurt her. No, he could never do such a thing. This is all a misunderstanding.

"..." His hands rest limp on his lap and Sangwoo gapes wide eyed at the officer who had broken into his house. His wife. Someone laid a finger on his wife. It can't be true, right? His beautiful wife whose only mistake in life was meeting him. No one would ever hurt her right? Not his Y/n.

Right?

Handcuffs are clasped around Seungbae's wrists with a loud snap. "You are being detained as a suspect for attempted murder and you are under arrest for battery, breaking and entering, as well as unlawful detainment." The oldest officer sighs heavily, his wavering eyes inspecting his subordinate's blank expression. "I thought you were better than this," the old man breathes. When they went on patrols together, Seungbae was always attentive and trying to do what's best for society and justice. He was a good kid. But, seeing this young trembling lady and the guilt stretched across his face, Officer Park can only call upon a few more words for the boy. "I'm disappointed."

Beauty mark Officer turns to Sangwoo, "This doesn't relieve you from the previous accusations. I reckon it's best for you to prepare yourself"