A Soothing Quiet // Suffering All Alone

A soothing quiet rests in the small moonlit room. Sleeping soundly, JoJo rolls over slightly and let's out a deep sigh. His mother smooths his hair down and kisses his forehead with the lightness of a feather. Y/n should be back at the hospital, but she couldn't stand to be away from her child any longer. Seeing him is better than any pain killer that they could've given her. Releasing a small sigh, she retracts her hand and relaxes into the back of her wheelchair.

A door creaks open and then is shut lightly. She doesn't have time to turn around and check who it is as a warm and slightly damp arm is wrapped around her neck, resting slightly on her chest. The half hug ends and Sangwoo places a series of quick kisses on his fiancée's forehead. A few droplets of water run off of Sangwoo's freshly washed hair and fall onto Y/n's skin.

Heat radiates off of Sangwoo's skin, teasing Y/n's slightly chilled senses with the possibility of being wrapped up in his warmth. "Come to my room," he whispers, his lips grazing the cusp of her ear. "Let's talk."

Y/n nods and begins to wheel herself. Seeing the struggle, Sangwoo quickly took the handles and pushed her for her. Once snuggled up in Sangwoo's room, making sure to close JoJo's door, Y/n turns to Sangwoo with a shy smile. "You will catch a cold if we leave it like this. Can I dry your hair for you?"

The fit man smirks slightly, his bruises and wet hair only making him more attractive. Y/n finds her eyes wandering down from his jawline to his sharp collar, across his tight pecs and abs, and then down to the top of his vline where his boxers hang just a tad bit too low. Or perhaps, not low enough.

A hand towel is tossed right in Y/n's face, not only blocking her view, but also snapping her out of her trance. "If you want this—" with his thumb he snaps the waistband of his boxers—"off, you just have to say the word." Like a tiger approaching its prey, he stalks his way over to Y/n. "Better yet," he stops in from of Y/n, just within her reach as if to present himself to her. "You can take it off yourself."

From her seat on bed where Sangwoo had previously settled her down with care, she lifts her hand and allows her it to land flat against the left side of his vline. Within moments though, she removes her hand from in him and spreads her legs on the bed, careful to not inflict any more damage to her leg. "Come sit," she pats the spot on the bed between her legs. "I'll be able to reach your hair better like this."

Sangwoo's eyes sullen slightly, but he carefully moves her to the edge of the bed and then sits down on the floor between her legs. Y/n sometimes reminds him too much of his mom. With gentle, but firm hands, Y/n begins to use the grey hand towel to dry his locks. "Your hair is so pretty," Y/n sighs, allowing her fingers to drag through his soft locks. "It smells really good too."

Memories of his mother flash by Sangwoo. His throat swells and his eyes burn with unshed tears. Saying nothing, he clenches his fists at his side and stares straight ahead. "What made you decide to dye it?" Y/n asks curious and oblivious. "It's very attractive, but I think I prefer your natural hair more." Seeing as his hair is pretty much dry, she puts the small towel to the side and presses a kiss to the top of his head, breathing in the scent of his shampoo. Today has been long for the both of them.

A tremor runs down Sangwoo's body. Then a second. Y/n quickly stretches her neck to see Samgwoo's face. His expression is strained, tears are welling up in his eyes, and his arms are locked tightly around himself. "Baby," she whispers, her fingers fluttering across her beloved's face. "What's wrong?"

He doesn't move, and his face flushes. Tenderly, she coos, "Come closer. I want to hold you." When he doesn't move, she wipes his tears and kisses the top of his head again. "Please."

Sending little waves of relief through her, Sangwoo calms himself down and stands up. Gently, as to not hurt her leg, he pushes Y/n down onto the bed, her spaghetti straps slipping slightly in the process. Then, he climbs over her, and lays down on top of her, their chests facing each other. "Am I too heavy?" He asks simply as his body goes limp as it covers hers.

Y/n chuckles a little and turns her face to the right and smooching the tip of his nose. "No, you're perfect." Indeed, she is being crushed, but the warmth and closeness is more than enough to make it worth it to her. "So what were you thinking about?"

A shiver runs down her injured leg, as it's the only part of her body that isn't under Sangwoo and being warmed. But she ignores it, and focuses on the love of her life. "It's your parents, isn't it," Y/n comments in a soft tone. "You only make that face when you're thinking about your mother."

"Y/n," he says with an edge, his eyes pointed and bearing into Y/n's. "Don't pry."

Y/n's chest sinks with embarrassment at being rejected. "Sangwoo—"

"—I said 'don't pry', didn't I? What don't you understand?!" His tone is sharp and his hand that had once been trailing lightly up and down her side now squeezes it tightly.

Her hand lightly takes a hold of his face. "Is it so bad that I want to know more about what's hurting my fiancé?" His grip gets tighter on her side, and she realizes that he probably doesn't even know that he is squeezing her. "After all this time that I've loved you, and all this that I've sacrificed for you, am I still not worthy enough to hear about what's on your mind?"

Sangwoo sighs, his expression loosening and growing tired. Almost immediately, he notices the death grip that he's had on her. In a hurry, he flips up her pajama shirt, exposing the already bruising skin. This is the second time that he has hurt her. "Y/n!"

"See," Y/n smiles. "It's doesn't feel so good when the one you love is suffering all alone, does it?"